We are one of Africa’s fastest growing and most innovative FinTech platforms. We are looking to dominate the lending space through technological innovation and pride ourselves on our entrepreneurial and fast-paced culture.
Your core responsibility will be to deliver highly available & scalable web applications that will help the company achieve its short & long-term goals. As a hands-on, smart, dynamic Software Engineering Manager, you will be responsible for helping us to build a top-quality engineering team responsible for the scalable services that power our entire application suite.
- Hands on engineering manager willing to undertake coding as well as management duties.
- Interact with product owners, partners and business stakeholders to understand and develop requirements. Help drive agile project planning process.
- Demonstrate and develop technical leadership, mentor engineers and help develop best practices, hire the best.
- Manage the operational health of our platform.
- Help develop a DevOps culture.
- Actively work on creating a learning organization through agile documentation, operational run-books & guides
The ideal candidates must meet the following criteria:
- Exceptional leadership skills.
- Able to lead through uncertainty and ambiguity.
- Must have been building robust, maintainable, scalable web-based applications for at least 10 years with 5 years in a leadership position.
- Hands on experience with enterprise scale software running significant transactional volumes with "zero" downtime.
- Good working knowledge of Relational Database Systems (MySQL, PostgreSQL, or
- Oracle) and/or NoSQL systems (MongoDB, Elastic, Cassandra)
- Bachelors or Masters degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, Electrical Engineering or related field
- Experience with managing and deploying applications on AWS (or equivalent).
- Ability to work in the Linux environment.
- Sense of humour Have a lot of ambition
- Driven to constantly improve himself and his team
The following are optional but will enhance your chances of being considered:
- Understanding of basic financial and accounting concepts
- Knowledge of micro services (or SOA), Docker, and/or distributed systems.
- Test Driven Development, Continuous Integration and/or other automated testing skills.
- Experience with AngularJS
Help someone get a job, tell them to visit http://jbng.me/533604 to apply for this job .