Action Against Hunger works to save lives by combating hunger and diseases that threaten the lives of vulnerable communities, through nutrition, food security, water and sanitation, health and advocacy.
- Providing leadership and management of all the Support Services functions and systems within the mission, including Logistics, Finance and HR & Administration Management to ensure quality support to program implementation in line with Action Against Hunger's Nigeria Country Strategy, internal policies, good practice and donor guidelines.
Key Activities in your Role
- Coordinate support department work plans, projects implementation plan, departmental strategies and plans of action from development to implementation.
- Overall Management of support functions.
- Risk Management, Compliance & internal control/audit.
- General Administration
- Timely and proper reporting.
- You have a Masters' degree (or higher) in Economics and/or Political/Humanitarian Studies or equivalent.
- You have at least 7 years’ humanitarian experience in country level senior management/coordination role, preferably in a variety of contexts and countries.
- You’ve worked in highly political, complex emergencies or developmental & security environments.
- You have proven management and coordination skills in Finance, HR, and Logistics.
- You are able to translate analysis and evaluation into operational planning and strategy
- You have practical experience and/or training in safety and security management.
- You have proven experience in proposal writing and budget development.
- You’ve managed senior staff from a variety of cultural & technical backgrounds.
- You’re comfortable coaching & developing the skills of your direct reports, adapting your leadership to professionals who may, or may not, be familiar working in humanitarian action.
- Your knowledge of the donor community ensures projects respond to the most pressing humanitarian needs & that activities remain compliant with grant requirements.
- You’re able to analyze changes in your context & discuss the implications with senior operational staff.
- You intuitively adapt how you communicate context analysis, strategy, policies & procedures to suit different audiences - both verbally & in writing.
Action Against Hunger values its employees and offers a comprehensive remuneration and benefits package. These include but are not limited to:
- Health Insurance
- R&R Breaks
- Paid annual leave (vacation)
- Training opportunities
- Child allowance
This job originally appeared elsewhere.
Help someone get a job, tell them to visit http://jbng.me/533600 to apply for this job .