The United Nations Children's Fund (UNICEF) - For 70 years, UNICEF has been working on the ground in 190 countries and territories to promote children's survival, protection and development. The world's largest provider of vaccines for developing countries, UNICEF supports child health and nutrition, good water and sanitation, quality basic education for all boys and girls, and the protection of children from violence, exploitation, and AIDS. UNICEF is funded entirely by the voluntary contributions of individuals, businesses, foundations and governments.
- The Reading and Numeracy Activity (RANA) is a 3-year UNICEF funded early primary grades reading pilot project implemented in partnership with FH1360/AHNI, in collaboration with the government of Kastina State.
- RANA aims to improve literacy and numeracy for girls and boys in primary grades 1-3 in the supported states. It is assisting 100 formal Schools and Integrated Qur’anic Schools (IQS) in each of the states.
- The Community Mobilization Assistant will primarily be responsible for Implementation of community mobilization activity in the LGA s/he assigned to Oversee; specifically, s/he is expected to provide support to LGA Amirah, Community Reading Champions (CRCs), School/Centre Based Management Committees (SBMCs/CBMCs), Mothers Associations (M.As) and other RANA community Components on RANA mobilization strategy and be mentoring them.
- A regular and immediate comprehensive report should be forwarded to FOMWAN Desk Officer on achievement/success recorded in the implementation especially on CLAG and in Community Reading Hub sessions (CRHubs).
- Participate in regular internal and external coordination for the program component at LGA level and at state level when required
- Support the coordination of CRHubs reading session and any other duty assigned by the project State Team Leader (STL)
Minimum Recruitment Standard
- Expertise in community mobilization, stakeholder's analysis and strategic planning.
- Computer literate and proficient in the use of word processing, spreadsheets; Excellent in report writing, oral and interpersonal communication skills.
- Hands-on experience in design, monitoring and evaluation of community development projects is an added advantage.
- Higher Qualification in Teacher Education or its recogized equivalent with 3-5 years of relevant experience with International Development Programme.
- Demonstrate ability to work with Government, Partners and/or Local Government structures, and school settings.
- Proven expertise in Hausa language.
- Significant experience in teacher training or education project and skills in advocacy and strategic campaign
- Demonstrate experienced in coordination of community based meetings, setting realistic priorities, and planning for successful implementation of activities.
- Must be a resident of one of the supported Local Government Areas (i.e Batsari, Kankiya, Rimi).
This job originally appeared elsewhere.
Help someone get a job, tell them to visit http://jbng.me/533360 to apply for this job .