APM Terminals, we are a team of over 20,000 employees spread across more than 60 countries united by a passion to provide our expertise in port operations and container management services. By providing the expertise and port infrastructure essential to world trade, we actively support the advancement of the societies around us, enabling local economies to unlock their potential and build an even stronger global community.
Working with a team of talented professionals you will get a chance to experience different cultures and make friends all over the world. You’ll find a culturally diverse, stimulating environment at any of our offices, terminals or depots. When you join APM Terminals, the world is your workplace.
- To carry out all maintenance repairs and modifications on Crane Supervisor and/or Crane Foreman and other plant and equipment (when required) in accordance with the requirements of the Code of Practice and the Occupational Health and Safety Act. Ensuring high standards are maintained.
- To evaluate and analyse the nature, cause and perform the repairs of breakdowns. Determining the optimal way of dealing with the problem, to achieve a quality and cost effective solution, as well as minimal downtime and maximum Operational availability of Container handling equipment.
- Use sound knowledge of rigging procedures to recover equipment from yard due to accidents as efficiently as possible, ensuring minimal delays to operations.
- Have sufficient knowledge of Occupational Health & Safety Act. Enforce safe working procedures, for the purpose of safety of employees and people around you.
- To carry out repairs to defects as per Examiners defect list. To ensure safe working and minimize breakdowns to machinery and equipment.
Who we are looking for
- Trade Test/Certificate /Diploma as Electrician.
- Code of practice
- Mobile Harbour Cranes, Rubber Gantry Cranes, Spreaders and anther equipment
- Possesses a valid driver’s license.
- 3-5 years experience as Electrician in any ports, mines, steel and manufacturing plants plus shift working experience
Knowledge / Skills:
- Self motivated
- Analytical and systematic
- Requires the ability to follow instructions & plan the work day.
- Required to keep work area organized, neat and efficiently planned (5S).
- Requires the ability to be responsive to emergency repairs with quality workmanship and service.
- Requires the ability to learn fast.
- Basic Mechanical and hydraulic Knowledge.
This position offers career development, exposure to multinational systems and process as well as an outstanding opportunity to join a professional team at APM Terminals and contribute to the success of the organization.
This job originally appeared elsewhere.
Help someone get a job, tell them to visit http://jbng.me/531653 to apply for this job .