Neem Foundation is a non-profit, non-governmental, peace-building and conflict prevention organisation founded as a direct response to the problem of insecurity in Nigeria. We are committed to improving the lives of those affected by the insurgency, and preventing violence through building inclusive communities and raising the standard of education and psychosocial care. The Foundation is made up of members of the team that established Nigeria’s pioneer Counter Violent Extremism (CVE) Programme, which gives us unique knowledge and insight on Nigeria’s security situation.
The internal auditor serves as a member of the finance and administration department working under the direction of Senior management. The internal auditor will be involved in activities such as the development and execution of detailed programmes for audits, the review of financial, operational, compliance and risk systems, processes and procedures to determine efficiency, work flow, effectiveness and alignment with internal policies, procedures, regulations and industry standards. The internal auditor will require knowledge of financial services and regulations; internal audit practices; risk management; and regulatory guidance and expectations (Federal, State and Local Level).
- Ensures the organisation complies with internal regulations and established control protocol.
- Examines documentation, including reports, statements, records, and memos to gather information.
- Reconciles documentation with actual inventory or assets to ascertain accuracy.
- Participates in meetings with individuals and departments to update auditees on findings and the audit process.
- Prepares reports and preserves documentation pertaining to audits for internal record.
- Presents summarized findings concerning audit results.
- Analyses audit results to determine methods for increasing profits and decreasing unnecessary costs.
- Makes recommendations for the best ways for a company to avoid fraud and reduce waste.
- Assesses best financial practices for an organization and makes relevant, informed suggestions.
- Works with a team to achieve company goals.
- Undertake any other tasks assigned by Line Manager
- Bachelors Degree from an accredited institution of learning in Business, Accounting or Finance
- Minimum 3 years of experience in an internal audit or compliance capacity.
- Skill in organizing resources and establishing priorities.
- Strong sense of and respect for confidentiality
- Strong multi-tasking and organizational skills.
- Ability to be flexible and adaptable to changing priorities.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to analyse and solve problems
- Ability to lead staff
- Ability to manage conflict and resolve complaints
- Ability to work as part of a team; build and manage professional work relationships with stakeholders.
- Proficiency in using Microsoft office package
English Language Written and Verbal (Fluent)
Profile of Behaviour:
Confident, attention to detail, independent judgment, self-starter, reliable, team-player, friendly, flexible, disciplined, adaptable
- Practical experience working with victims/ survivors of insurgency and/or working in a Non-governmental organisations
- Recognized professional designation in Accounting or InternalAudit (ICAN, CIA, CMA, CISA).
Please note that women are strongly encouraged to apply.
This job originally appeared elsewhere.
Help someone get a job, tell them to visit http://jbng.me/531074 to apply for this job .