Bridge International Academies is the world’s fastest-growing chain of primary and pre-primary schools with more than 500 academies and 100,000 pupils in Kenya,Uganda,Nigeria, Liberia and India. We democratize the right to succeed by giving families living in poverty access to the high-quality education that will allow their children to live a very different life. We leverage experts, data, and technology in order to standardize and scale every aspect of quality education delivery, from how and where academies are built to how teachers are selected and trained, and how lessons are delivered and monitored for improvement. We are vertically-integrated, tech-enabled, and on our way to profitability.
The Bridge Offer
Roughly 2.7 billion people live on less than $2/day. In their communities, there is a huge gap between the education offered and the needs of the population. Too often the schools available to them fail. The quality offered is poor, teachers are unresponsive and occasionally abusive, and fees are expensive. Even “free” government schools can cost anywhere between $2 and $12 per month after all of the additional fees (some sanctioned, some not) are added up. 55% of families end up choosing private schools instead, but then fear for the stability and sustainability of their choice as many schools close after only a few years of service. Both the government schools and the private schools tend to lack well-conceived curriculum, student achievement data, and the capacity to react to that data.
Families are actively searching for a better academic alternative.
Enter Bridge International Academies. As of August 2017 Bridge operates more than 500 academies, serving roughly 100,000 pupils in Kenya and Uganda, Nigeria, Liberia and India.
Bridge utilizes a scripted-learning education methodology coupled with 'big data' (all teachers have tablets for instruction, assessment, and data-gathering) that allows us to make curriculum a little better every day.
With plans to enroll ten million students by 2025, Bridge International Academies offers a tremendous opportunity to grow with one of the world’s most exciting, ambitious, and socially conscious companies, with leadership roles available across a number of competencies and geographies.
What You Will Do
Establish warehouse policies.
- The warehouse manager shall perform quality checks on all the goods received with the help of the User department. User Departments shall be involved during the delivery of the goods. Receipt and inspection of all arriving inventory by ensuring that they meet the specifications hence preparation of Goods Received Notes.
Management of the outsourced warehouse services
- Come up with and maintain accurate and complete accounting, reporting and internal control systems and that all relevant records are properly maintained.
- Determining quantity and timing of deliveries and keeping up to date schedules to track lead times throughout the Warehouse process
- Working with department managers and other staff to come up with annual/quarterly Warehouse plans.
- Oversee and supervise daily warehouse operations including coordination of work between internal and external personnel (such as proper inventory control, proper releasing of cargoes to other agents and timely submission of documents to billing department)
- Mentoring staff stationed in warehouse in warehouse management best practice.
- Prepare stacking/storage plans for all store inventory.
- Advice on storage of material and ensure proper rotation.
- Monitor the quantity and quality of commodity (i.e.) stored.
- Carry out regular physical random warehouse checks of commodities and inventory.
- Prepare all procedures and necessary steps for commodity disposal;
- Produce regular stocks reports and daily stocks positions;
- Prepare Stores Issue Notes when dispatching any goods from the warehouse.
- Assist the ERP Project team in coming up with Bridge inventory catalog;
- Support School Operations, Training and Construction departments and other functions in their inventory/warehouse needs.
- Advise management on required areas of improvement to enhance Warehouse processes
What You Should Have
- Strong belief in the Bridge International Mission of creating high quality education services for the low income communities
- Bachelor Degree in business, economics or other Social Science or related discipline or the equivalent
- Professional qualifications in warehouse/Logistics/Supply Chain will be a key requirement
- Minimum of 6 to 10 years’ experience in management of Warehouse/ Inventory /Logistics and or Supply Chain services preferably for a large fast growing service or trading organization with multiple locations and diverse requirement
- Ability to handle administrative issues with multi-disciplinary and multicultural teams
- Experience with warehouse or Logistics management of construction materials in a large scale environment where both formal and informal vendors operate will be a definite advantage
- Excellent writing and oral communication skills are required
What We Are Looking For
- Strong problem-solving skills: you should be able to identify the root cause, provide a solution, discuss the solution with Supervisor and help execute.
- Strong interpersonal skills: you should be able to connect with our customer, the Academy Staff over phone and in-person at the training site; ability to communicate the Company HR policies with compassion and understanding.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills: you should be able to speak clearly and persuasively in all situations and also lead written communications to our Academy Staff on queries.
- Attention to detail:you should be able to demonstrate accuracy and thoroughness of own work.
- Adaptability:you should be flexible and adapt to changing environment.
- Dependability:you should be reliable, consistent and alert your Supervisors in case of any changes to schedule well in advance.
This job originally appeared elsewhere.
Help someone get a job, tell them to visit http://jbng.me/531055 to apply for this job .