The Management Sciences for Health (MSH), a global health nonprofit organization, uses proven approaches developed over 40 years to help leaders, health managers, and communities in developing nations build stronger health systems for greater health impact.
We work to save lives by closing the gap between knowledge and action in public health.
Since its founding in 1971, MSH has worked in over 150 countries with policymakers, health professionals, and health care consumers to improve the quality, availability, and affordability of health services.
Do you want to join an organization that gives you the opportunity of achieving your goals in your career?
If you do, then you need to apply for this role immediately.
- The objective of the Community Care Intern position is to manage the MSH CaTSS community program in a manner that strengthens retention rate across the supported health facilities and community service provision.
- Provide periodic application of SIMS tools as a means of providing mentoring and supervision to the health facility and community services providers.
- Work closely with ART focal person in the facility to identify retention challenges: identify determinants for LTFU, defaulting ART and care.
- Work closely with M&E focal person to track, monitor and report PHDP services provision across supported HFs and communities using PwP register, home visit job aids, facility job aids and other relevant tools – on monthly, quarterly, annual basis or as may be demanded
- Facilitate periodic analysis of state PHDP data as to improve the quality of service delivery to PLHIV across supported HFs and communities
- Work closely with service providers at the HFs, community and Support Group levels to identify, document and share best practices from the state for learnings and possible replication in other states
- Identify the capacity needs of HF and community service providers, provide ongoing/ real time capacity building, mentoring and support to improve their capacity to provide quality gender sensitive services to PLHIV
- Facilitate service providers at the HF and community levels towards provision of quality adherence counselling services to improve clients’ retention on ART, join PLHIV support groups and participate in Savings and loans and other IGA activities.
- Network with CSO and community partners in the State to establish a functional referral system for clients between clinical and community-based HIV/AIDS services.
- Document programmatic achievements and keep the State Team Leader informed on monthly, quarterly and annual basis.
- Works independently with authority from the State Team Leader, within strategy and policy guidelines.
- Decision Making: Makes decisions with regards to work responsibilities and is accountable for them.
- Responsibility over data or information: Has access to information within project, and is responsible for guiding program data generation and management.
Qualifications and Experience
- candidate must possess minimum qualification of BSc or its equivalent in any field of Social Sciences
- At least 3 years’ experience with HIV/AIDS care and treatment programs supported by bilateral agencies such as USAID/CDC and international agencies such as WHO and World Bank preferred.
- Excellent grasp of community care issues and current literature on HIV/AIDS care and treatment.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and fluency in English and probably Yoruba.
- Team player with demonstrated ability to produce quality results in a timely manner
This job originally appeared elsewhere.
Help someone get a job, tell them to visit http://jbng.me/528601 to apply for this job .