Tomato Jos is a Nigerian agribusiness that intends to be the first fully integrated tomato paste company in the country.
We started operations in 2014, and hold the following four values at the core of our business: We care about the company; We care about each other; We are problem solvers; We are humble
In line with these core values, we have developed a fully mechanized and sustainable farming strategy that enabled our company to produce some of the highest tomato yields in the country last year.
We also work with a network of out grower farmers, which both empowers rural smallholders in northern Nigeria and enables our processing facility to source raw material from a wider area of land.
Our processing facility runs with the highest quality standards to produce fresh, tasty tomato paste made from Nigerian tomatoes that were grown on Nigerian farms.
We sell our tomato paste to domestic consumers, promoting our product as all natural and proudly Nigerian.
We are continuously evolving as implementers, and we are looking for like-minded problem solvers to join our team.
We are always looking for fresh ideas about how to grow, transport, and process tomatoes in Nigeria.
The Position and Mission
- Tomato Jos seeks to hire an Office Coordinator.
- This person’s mission is to help provide office services, implement administrative systems, procedures, policies and monitoring administrative projects.
- Provide front desk support to guests and clients
- Manage files, record systems, office supplies and inventory
- Organize staff meetings and office calendars (and schedule appointments)
- Create and maintain liaison with external agencies and suppliers/vendors
- Make sure that customer complaints are catered to appropriately
- Monitor office expenditures (Monitor office supplies inventory and place orders)
- Arrange travel and accommodations
- In charge of the notice board
- Manage office equipments (generators, printers, air-condition units etc.)
- Oversees bill payments, property management services, including maintenance of building and ordering proper janitorial supplies (Keep office area clean and organized).
- Emotional Intelligence and Interpersonal Skills
- Must be trustworthy and be able to maintain confidentiality.
- Must be able to deliver feedback and constructive criticism.
- Must be able to address conflicts and use mediation skills to change difficult conversations into learning conversations.
- Must enjoy training and developing other people and helping others to succeed.
- Must have empathy and patience and be respectful when dealing with others.
- Must be a great listener.
- Must be goal oriented - someone who can finish the projects that he or she starts.
- Should be able to accurately take the pulse of others’ emotions.
- Should be able to identify the personal and professional strengths of others.
- Should be an innovative problem solver.
- Should have strong negotiation skills.
- Should be a connector who loves working with and getting to know people from all backgrounds.
- Must have a degree or certificate in a related subject (communications, law, business, administrative studies, etc.) and be comfortable working with numbers.
- Must be fluent in English and Hausa.
- Must be proficient in operating a laptop, using MS Excel and MS Word, and have the capability of learning how to use other similar programs.
- Must have 3+ years of work experience in a private sector organization (business or NGO).
- Must have professional appearance with a positive attitude.
- Must be a self-starter, with the ability to work independently.
- Must possess good time management skills.
- Must be detail oriented with excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Must be able to quickly identify problems and propose solutions.
- Farming operations are currently located in Igabi LGA ,Kaduna State. Applicants must be willing to relocate to the area.
- Certain projects may involve travel, which Tomato Jos will accommodate.
This job originally appeared elsewhere.
Help someone get a job, tell them to visit http://jbng.me/528588 to apply for this job .