Deloitte is the largest private professional services network in the world.
Our reputation for providing high-quality services with integrity has earned us the trust of our clients and our people.
With 210,000 people in over 150 countries, Deloitte member firms serve more than 80 percent of the world's largest companies as well as large national enterprises, public institutions, and successful fast-growing companies.
At Deloitte Nigeria, we are looking to recruit a Customer Service Representative who is going to successfully communicate to all stakeholders and callers in a professional manner.
If you're ready for a career with a dynamic organization in an environment that fosters professional development and career advancement, you're ready for Deloitte.
Apply for this job immediately.
Main Purpose of Job
- Assisting, monitoring and reporting results of the compliance efforts of the Deloitte Africa Audit business and in providing guidance for the Africa Audit Executive and Risk, Independence and Legal Leadership Committee on matters relating to audit compliance.
- Oversees the Deloitte Africa Audit compliance landscape, compliance maturity model and compliance program, functioning as an independent and objective representative that reviews and evaluates compliance issues/concerns within the Africa Audit Practice.
- Minimum Qualifications - Bachelor of Law
- Desired Qualifications - Postgraduate qualification in Compliance
- 7 years working experience with a minimum of 2 years’ management experience, ideally in an audit or legal organization, to include demonstrated leadership, compliance and / or risk management.
- Familiarity with compliance procedures and regulations.
Knowledge and experience in the following jurisdictions in addition to South Africa would be an advantage:
What you’ll do / Specialized Competencies
- Develop and maintain an Africa Audit Compliance framework and compliance universe under the oversight of the Africa Audit Risk Partners
- Organised and disciplined in maintaining records and planning ahead
- Ability to coordinate across borders and work closely with a project manager/risk representative for the collection and dissemination of compliance information
- Develops, initiates, maintains, monitors and revises Africa Audit Policy Manual policies and procedures for the general operation of the Africa Audit Compliance Program and its related activities
- Maintains, monitors and revises audit related activities aligned to the Contract Management Solution (Vault) including audit related engagement letters and terms and conditions templates, including the continued communications and learning requirements
- Monitor rules and communications from Africa audit regulators (and related accreditation bodies) to understand all new requirements on the Africa Audit Business and underlying policies, processes and systems
- Compile and / or monitor of the Africa audit accreditation and registration requirements, including the submission of relevant documentation, understanding the regulatory landscape and all related project management activities
- Develop or assist with responses / commentary letters to regulatory or compliance matters
- Develop and /or assist and monitor any compliance and / or regulatory remediation plans
- Develop of regulatory stakeholder plan, liaison with relevant individuals and monitoring thereof
- Identify potential areas of compliance vulnerability and risk; develop/implement corrective action plans for resolution of problematic issues, and provide general guidance on how to avoid or deal with similar situations in the future
- Maintain a regulatory / compliance risk register of emerging trends / theme
- Support the Africa Audit Risk Partners on legal and litigation matters
- Ongoing audit practice support related to compliance related matters, including consultations, where required
- Monitor the performance of the Audit Compliance Program and relates activities on a continuing basis, taking appropriate steps to improve its effectiveness
- Performance of regulatory, compliance and legal reviews, where required
- Develop and perform annual audit independence and engagement acceptance testing
- Responsible for the Global Audit Acceptance Consultation program, including the development of an audit deal review board process, if required
- Develop, maintain and monitor the Enterprise Risk Management programme for compliance
- Develop, maintain and monitor annual Africa and Country audit transparency reports
- Liaison with Africa Risk, Independence and Legal function and Audit DTTL structures on new requirements, including reporting requirements and involvement in conference calls and briefing sessions
- Ongoing liaison with Risk, Independence and Legal and involvement on all audit related activities regarding independence, ethics, confidentiality, data security, privacy, anti-corruption and compliance crisis management
- Deploy and monitor of any Risk, Independence and Legal projects within the Africa Audit business
- Manage liaison between Africa Audit Risk Management and regional Risk Officers and regional Professional Practice Directors regarding annual and ad hoc regulatory, legal or compliance matters
- Assist with incident responses, including incident register
- Develop, monitor and reporting related to the Audit DTTL and Deloitte Africa member firm standards
- Involved in DTTL audit compliance programs
- Assists with development and input into current audit related systems / tools (for example Phoenix, DRMS, DESC)
- Monitor, and as necessary, coordinate compliance activities of other departments to remain abreast of the status of all compliance activities and to identify trends
- Institute and maintain an effective compliance communication program for the Africa audit business
- Develop and roll out, including facilitation, of effective audit compliance related learning / webcasts
- Collaborate with other departments (e.g., Risk Management, Internal Audit, Employee Services, etc.) to direct compliance issues to appropriate existing channels for investigation and resolution
- Provide reports on a monthly basis to keep the Audit Executive Committee and the Risk, Independence and Legal Leadership Committee informed of the operation and progress of compliance efforts
- Ensures proper reporting of violations or potential violations to duly authorized enforcement agencies as appropriate
- Design and maintain a compliance monitoring solution, including monthly reporting and dashboards
Key Performance Areas
- Interrogates, clearly understands and communicates to team the agreed strategic objectives of both own Service Area and that of the client Service Line/s
Manages the implementation of the strategic imperatives in line with service area strategy relating to:
- Implementation of change initiatives within designated area/s
- Management of the implementation of plan on a day-to-day basis with team
- Monitoring skills level in team relating to required outputs, assisting as necessary
- Clear and regular communication with superior and team on implementation status
- Supports own Service Line leadership in carrying out EXCO mandate
- Builds professional relationships within service line/s to understand business needs in area/s of responsibility
- Generates and implements innovative ideas and solutions within area of responsibility in collaboration with team members to enhance / renew service offerings
Client Impact: External / Internal:
- Manages quality and timeliness of day-to-day deliverables of team in area of expertise to client
- Provides client management with sound professional advice and support across broad area of issues arising within area of expertise
- Proactively identifies client service and technical issues and independently implement resolutions to address these
- Participates in gathering of information for thought leadership process and share functional and industry knowledge and expertise with clients, colleagues and teams
- Meets with team on a regular basis to provide updates from client and SL leadership and to get input from team
- Manages day-to-day operations and delivery by team to clients
- Guides and directs daily work of team members giving recognition as well as support as needed
- Guides and directs daily work of team members giving recognition as well as support as needed
- Updates Senior Manager on status weekly or as directed
- Manages day-to-day risk issues within the team and ensures any contraventions are rectified and addressed
- Acts as role model in the value of exceptional client delivery and growing the brand of Employer of Choice
Development/Growth of Team:
- Recruits, mentors and guides team members and shares expertise and knowledge with counselees on an ongoing basis
- Identifies areas of development for team and institute plans to address these
- Develops strong working relationships with key talent in team to ensure retention
- Delegates appropriately and encourages team to share their expertise and knowledge
- Provides relevant recognition and encouragement to team and leads by example
- Acts as counsellor to senior consultant level and below within Service Line ensuring effective guidance in development and career growth
- Demonstrates commitment to transformation agenda of the firm
Budgets / Profitability
- Provides input into annual budget to superior for drafting of budget for Service Area
- Manages expenditure within team and ensures time and expenses are submitted weekly
This job originally appeared elsewhere.
Help someone get a job, tell them to visit http://jbng.me/527060 to apply for this job .