Deloitte is the largest private professional services network in the world.
Our reputation for providing high-quality services with integrity has earned us the trust of our clients and our people.
With 210,000 people in over 150 countries, Deloitte member firms serve more than 80 percent of the world's largest companies as well as large national enterprises, public institutions, and successful fast-growing companies.
At Deloitte Nigeria, we are looking to recruit a Chief Economist who is going to provide economic and business analyses/information to all levels of the organization to guide the Bank’s decisions and provide an outlook for engaging with PFIs and other stakeholders.
If you're ready for a career with a dynamic organization in an environment that fosters professional development and career advancement, you're ready for Deloitte.
Apply for this job immediately.
- To provide economic and business analyses/information to all levels of the organization to guide the Bank’s decisions and provide outlook for engaging with PFIs and other stakeholders.
- In doing this, he/she undertakes the monitoring and analysis of economic, business and banking developments/trends in both domestic and international economies/markets, forecasts macroeconomic and other environmental indicators, conducts reviews/scenario analyses and provides outlook/recommendation to management.
- The function contributes to the growth and optimization of the Bank’s balance sheet and bottom line, and shapes the loan portfolio and overall risk management outcomes in the Bank.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Evaluates and monitors the developmental impacts of the Bank’s activities in line with mandate
- Researches and provides intelligence on monetary developments, financial markets and capital flows and ensures the Bank is well informed to make monetary and policy decisions
- Analyzes and interprets current economic developments (local & international) for strategic positioning; contributes to strategy development and works closely with departmental heads to articulate/shape the growth potential for the Bank's business
- Models and forecasts economic and financial indicators and provides clear and articulate advice on short turn-around time for variety of management issues
- Produces short-term and long-term interest rate and general economic forecasts as well as periodic economic review and commentaries for publication and distribution to the Bank's customers, affiliates, media and other stakeholders as approved by the MD/CEO.
- Undertakes country risk analysis and rating for Nigeria and countries with which Nigeria conducts significant trade flows.
- Collaborates with economic thought leaders, regulators, analysts, rating agencies, and other key external stakeholders in understanding/shaping policies
- Provides assistance and expert advisory services on economic issues that arise in areas of development policy operations and projects
- Provides forward-looking analysis for capital planning to identify economic and other related trends
- Provides analysis and assessment of economic research and economic arguments presented by stakeholders
- Develops and implements initiatives to embed a research/analytical culture within the Bank
- A good first degree in Economics or related discipline and Master’s Degree in Economics from reputable Universities.
- A PhD in Economics will be an advantage
- Relevant professional certification including membership of the Nigerian Economic Society and the Nigerian Statistical Association
- Minimum of 15 years post graduate experience in economic research, of which 5 years must have been at a senior management level preferably in banking/financial sector
Skills and Experience:
- Expert knowledge and experience in monitoring and analyzing economic, business and banking developments / trends in both domestic and international economy / markets development in developing countries
- Quantitative analysis and modelling
- Detailed knowledge of regulatory policies and objectives
- Knowledge of and experience with strategic change management
- Sound and detailed knowledge of trading dynamics, quantitative valuation and treasury operations
- Sound knowledge of asset and liability management
- Expertise in Statistics and Database applications
- Expertise in spreadsheet applications
- Expertise in analytical & policy research
- Demonstrates expertise in quantitative analysis and modelling
- Expertise in financial programming
- Demonstrates expertise in macroeconomic consistency checks
This job originally appeared elsewhere.
Help someone get a job, tell them to visit http://jbng.me/526644 to apply for this job .