GlaxoSmithKline (GSK), one of the world's leading research based pharmaceutical and healthcare companies, is committed to improving the quality of human life by enabling people to do more, feel better and live longer. GSK employs over 97,000 employees in over 100 countries worldwide.
GlaxoSmithKline Consumer Nigeria Plc is one of Africa's largest consumer healthcare companies, producing leading brands such as Lucozade, Ribena and Panadol.
- The fundamentals of an IT background are necessary to allow the ability to quickly triage problems to most likely categories in order to restore service;
- Understanding of the business processes allow for the creation of alternative solutions to enable business continuity while the initial problem is being dealt with.
- Ensures continuity of business execution through ensuring production applications are:
- Fit for purpose (eg easy to use and reliable) and support the evolving business processes
- Are cost effective - Total cost of ownership is at an optimal level
- Meets an agreed Risk Profile (eg aging of technologies, controlled regarding regulated applications, aligned with business continuity).
- Participates in troubleshooting in applications across multiple technology domains and business areas.
- Ensure IT Services meet current and evolving business needs through accurate forecasting, the use of meaningful KPIs and timely Voice of the Customer (VoC) feedback
- Maintain an Enterprise wide approach to prioritization and investment, whilst ensuring IT simplification objectives are achieved
- Compliance and Audit standards are understood and adhered to where applicable
- Lead and champion continuous improvements that improve end-user experience, reduce risk and/or lower the cost of ownership of the overall business process/service on an ongoing basis.
- Carries out work with minimal supervision balancing conflicting priorities and needs.
- Degree in Computer Science or related field is desirable although relevant experience is equally valuable.
- Should have 3-5 years relevant experience.
- Good communications and influencing skills.
- Experience of application management, operations, and/or support including knowledge and experience of Incident,
- Good understanding of business area strategic goals, processes and workflow, and of the IT tools deployed in support.
- Candidate should be familiar with the concepts, standards, technology, tools, processes,procedures, hardware, software and services in use for delivering information services.
- Should have the ability to make appropriate technical decisions, initiating action to resolve operational issues.
- Experience of working closely with business on IT-enabled transformations.
- Candidate with Enterprise Resources Planning background is preferred, Commercial background is acceptable, providing strong process and project experience.
- Experience of designing multi-tier systems using industry and standard architectural methodologies.
- Experience of systems/software development methodologies & ability to select appropriate one to meet objectives
- Ability to learn new concepts, systems, and software independently and quickly
- Skilled at problem solving, communication with stakeholders at all levels and extensive interpersonal skills.
- Strong communication and influencing skills, sufficient to build and maintain organizational support.
- Embraces & fosters challenges & opportunities for innovation
- Knowledge of business units supported and general pharmaceutical awareness.
- Experience working with offshore service providers
- Experience integrating and supporting Software as a Service (SaaS) solutions
This job originally appeared elsewhere.
Help someone get a job, tell them to visit http://jbng.me/525307 to apply for this job .