MTN Nigeria - The leader in telecommunications in Nigeria, and a part of a diverse community in Africa and the Middle East, our brand is instantly recognisable. It is through our compelling brand that we are able to attract the right talents who we carefully nurture by continuously improving our employment offerings even beyond reward and recognition.
Core Purpose of the Job
To drive policies and procedures that monitor and support the organization’s planning and business case development process by providing analysis and advice to Management in the areas of marketing campaigns, analytics, churn management, revenue enhancement, pricing and tariff administration/controls.
- Developing and implementing the Division’s processes that are aligned to achieving all elements on the business score card.
- Participate in the review of Business Processes (headcount, process optimisationetc), to drive efficiency gains.
- Participate in Contract negotiations to reduce cost and drive MTNN Value Creation Philosophy
- Serve MTNN’s customers and provide solutions to improve the customer experience.
- Partner effectively with MTNN’s critical high value customers to enhance MTN’s Corporate Brand
- Develop strategies and champion customer centric culture across the organization and develop/reform relationships with MTNN’s internal and external customers to transform the MTNN’s revenue.
- Drive an increase in MTNN’s Net Promoter Score
- Strategic Partnerships with MTNN leadership team to drive awareness on expected behaviours and impact on non-compliance on bottom line results and company image/reputation.
- Drive planned strategy for the successful delivery of MTN Group and MTNN transformation initiatives focusing on Customer centricity.
- Partner with MTNN’s Ecosystem Partners to deliver business value.
- Collaborate with other business units in the development of business models for use in MTNN and develop measurement strategies to support ongoing strategy development and project optimization.
- Network and build solid relationships with internal units and relevant third parties and develop a close working relationship with relevant information sources to provide an integrated service
- Provide advice in the formulation and development of Business Intelligence framework, policies and guidelines and ensure compliance of operations with MTN policies and procedures.
- Contribute to the development Business Intelligence strategies and initiatives to meet targets in alignment with the division /MTN corporate strategy and in response to events or changes impacting departmental activities.
- Assess resource requirements for the department, propose budget and actively monitor the approved budget, ensuring it is used in accordance with MTN expenditure regulations.
- Research and understand best practice in tariff planning and strategy and review MTNN tariff/pricing strategy on all commercial /retail tariffs and interconnected tariff regimes and ensure quality in accordance with best practice /MTN standards.
- Review the budget process and ensure that quality drivers/assumptions for business plans and the business rules are correctly applied to the process and the forecasting scenarios; and improve continually the forecasting strategy and methodology for MTNN.
- Carry out quality assurance on business plans and pricing analysis in alignment with MTN business planning methodology and pricing strategy.
- Coordinate/Liaise with departments within Marketing and MTNN on feasibility of any new or modified product or promotion and or activity that requires a financial assessment, to fully understand the impact on MTNN’s business plan.
- Manage the monitoring of product / promotion / activity to ensure that it adheres to MTNN’s business plan.
- Assure integrity of financial modeling projects and review the feasibility assumptions used versus actual behavior in market after launch of product, promotion or activity.
- Review business processes within the department for effectiveness and efficiency in services, identify areas for improvement and execute action plans to eliminate process dysfunction.
- Interact with regulatory authorities to ensure all aspects of the telecoms industry in Nigeria are properly understood and build relationships with other telecommunications networks to ensure that MTNN is on the forefront on its tariff strategy
- Identify, evaluate and track the development needs and performance of staff within department, providing opportunities for staff to build on the company’s investment in their training and improve productivity.
- Coach and mentor the Business Intelligence team to ensure understanding of the objectives and goals of the department, awareness of all related job requirements and accountabilities and leverage human resources career development programs for staff career development
- First Degree in Accounting, Finance, Statistics or Economics
- A Master’s degree, preferably an MBA
- 10 years working experience which includes:
- 5 years managerial experience in commercial planning and pricing function preferably in telecom industry.
- Extensive knowledge in leading and delivering on market sizing, forecasting and strategic business planning model.
- Worked across diverse cultures and geographies advantageous
- 3 years business planning experience in the telecoms environment or FMCG
- Proven track record of developing and implementing pricing models, structures and business cases.
This job originally appeared elsewhere.
Help someone get a job, tell them to visit http://jbng.me/523267 to apply for this job .