Oando Plc is Nigeria's largest independent conglomerate in the energy industry, including petroleum products marketing, supply & trading, exploration and production, and gas distribution, and the first Nigerian company to achieve a dual listing on both the Nigerian and Johannesburg Stock Exchanges.
Oando is Nigeria's largest indigenous oil company with a production output of 54,000 boepd and a market capitalisation of $894 Million.
Through its upstream subsidiary Oando Energy Resources (OER), Oando has a secondary listing on the Toronto Stock Exchange with a market capitalisation approximately $1 Billion.
Are you a young, highly motivated? Are you versatile and adept at problem solving? Do you have a minimum of second class upper?
The Strategy and Planning Analyst supports the Strategy & Planning Manager in carrying out Oando Gas & Power (OG&P) strategy, planning and performance monitoring functions.
Scope of Responsibility & Accountability:
- Provide assistance in periodic updates of the 5-year strategic plan documents,
- including update of financial forecasts
- Data gathering/studies and analysis on identified subject areas as required by Management and the Board from time to time
- Carrying out bench-marking of OG&P activities against competition and best practices
- Coordinating OG&P retreat and brainstorming sessions on specific issues
- Facilitation of special projects aimed at achieving certain objectives
- Coordination of preparation and collation of quarterly Board papers and reports and follow up on action points emanating from Board meetings
- Co-ordinates preparation and review of periodic reports and follows up on action points with the responsible offices
- Co-ordinates monthly performance review (MPR) for all the entities within Oando Gas and
- Power (OG&P). These reviews will include
- Review of customers' connects against set plans
- Review of project status against milestones
- Interacting with entities and departments in OG&P to gather budget inputs
- Reviewing the budget inputs for consistency with set budget instructions and
- top down directions
- Supporting the Strategy & Planning Manager in budget consolidation activities
- Summarises departmental and entities' business plans into companywide operating plans
- Coordinates OG&P quarterly budget review activities including quarter budget
- Reviews and updating of short term projections
- Preparing monthly cashflow planning and forecasting for all the entities.
- Providing assistance in setting standards that will enable us properly implement the Group Financial policies and best practices
- Serves as anchor point for gathering relevant information required for effective decision making by the OG&P Management Team
- Putting together presentation materials required by the Group, Directors and Management
- Other duties as may be assigned by the Manager
- Experience in Budgeting and Performance Reporting functions of a reputable organisation or a consulting firm will be an advantage
- 3-5 years on-the-job post qualification experience
- Excellent working knowledge of Microsoft office (word, excel and power point)
- Not more than 27 years of age
- Minimum second class upper degree in Accounting, Finance or Economics,
- Additional qualifications such as ACA, CFA and Master’s degree will be an added advantage
This job originally appeared elsewhere.
Help someone get a job, tell them to visit http://jbng.me/520030 to apply for this job .