Oando Plc is Nigeria's largest independent conglomerate in the energy industry, including petroleum products marketing, supply & trading, exploration and production, and gas distribution, and the first Nigerian company to achieve a dual listing on both the Nigerian and Johannesburg Stock Exchanges.
Oando is Nigeria's largest indigenous oil company with a production output of 54,000 boepd and a market capitalisation of $894 Million.
Through its upstream subsidiary Oando Energy Resources (OER), Oando has a secondary listing on the Toronto Stock Exchange with a market capitalisation approximately $1 Billion.
Are you a young, highly motivated? Are you versatile and adept at problem solving? Do you have a minimum of second class upper?
The Business Development Analyst position in Oando Gas & Power provides analytical and administrative support to the Business Development Unit. He/she is responsible for performing analytical tasks to support project initiation, engineering and construction services management efforts related to the business development efforts in the gas and power sectors. The Business Development Analyst performs technical and analytical research/studies of energy usage trends in the Nigerian market and other relevant economies, as well as natural gas and electricity demand, power cost, rates, potential revenues, margins and profits and the overall viability of individual transactions and projects.
Scope of Responsibility & Accountability:
- Develops a good understanding of the fundamental drivers of business value creation within the gas and power industry/business, and within the context of the Oando Group of Companies.
- Conducts technical and analytical research/studies of energy usage trends in the Nigerian market and other relevant economies; also prepares company, industry, competitor and economic outlook analytical reports and briefing notes.
- Makes summaries of research conducted to aid decision making efforts.
- Uses relevant data on gas and electricity demand, power cost, rates etc. to develop basic/fundamental assumptions for financial models.
- Develop/build financial models for determining/capturing the required capital structures for potential transactions based on underlying business assumptions identified.
- Maintains/documents revisions to financial models and other business documents.
- Analyses data gathered on potential revenues, margins, profits etc., and draws useful insights into current and potential business issues as opportunities are identified; makes appropriate recommendations for business structure, contracts and various deals/business transactions.
- Develops marketing pitches, new business proposals and other forms of communications to external parties.
- 3-5 years’ work experience in relevant functional areas such as Operations, Marketing & Business Development, preferably in an International Energy Company
- Understanding of basic corporate finance principles; demonstrated technical skills in financial analysis and modelling is critical.
- Not more than 27 years of age
- Minimum second class upper degree in Engineering, Economics, Finance or other commercial disciplines.
- Additional qualifications such as ACA, CFA and Master’s degree will be an added advantage
This job originally appeared elsewhere.
Help someone get a job, tell them to visit http://jbng.me/519998 to apply for this job .