Andela is developing a corps of high-quality technology talent across the African continent that will drive the current and future phases of tech-enabled growth around the world.
With the fastest growing population and highest youth population in the world, we believe Africa is one of the greatest untapped markets for talent development.
At Andela, we find the brightest young people in Africa, train them to be world-class developers, and connect them with employers around the world looking for top technical talent..
Andela is hiring a Technical Talent Recruiter, a seasoned individual who is passionate about building the next generation of technology.
You need to be passionate about connecting talented technologists to the role of their dreams.
You know how to think – and act – big, while holding a strong moral compass in everything you do.
If you think you can help us turn our vision into a reality, then why don't you click the apply button right away to begin your journey.
- You thrive when designing bold sourcing strategies to find and empower Africa’s top engineers.
- Knowing the value of reliable processes, you bring a test-driven development (TDD) process to tracking, engaging, and evaluating a wide range of technologists across Africa.
- Having “talked the talk” of software development with dozens if not hundreds of engineers, you have an intuitive sense of role alignment and a data-driven instinct for building scalable recruitment processes.
About the role:
- As Andela engages with the continent’s top technologists, you will lead the development of our processes and rubrics that enable us to clearly define and measure the qualifications of aspiring Andelans.
- You understand and know how to articulate what makes a senior software developer “senior” in different contexts.
- You have thought deeply about the attributes of a strong technical team lead.
- You are familiar with a wider range of technical roles and understand how to assess what attributes make someone a good fit for a particular role.
- You will be responsible for testing and defining Andela’s channel sourcing strategy and execution for engaging and attracting Africa’s top technologists.
- Andela extends engineering teams with world-class software developers.
- We recruit the most talented developers on the African continent, shape them into technical leaders, and place them as full-time distributed team members with companies that range from Microsoft and IBM to dozens of high-growth startups.
- Andela is building the next generation of global technology leaders. Passion, excellence, entrepreneurial spirit, and rejecting the status quo are just a few of the things that Andela team members have in common.
Qualifications & Characteristics
- As the ideal candidates for this role should:
- Curiosity about how to improve efficiency in attracting top engineers from across the continent and the diaspora.
- Motivation to relentlessly and consistently engage and follow-up with prospective candidates and referrers.
- Clarity when describing Andela's business model and value-add to technical and lay audience.
- Creativity in expanding the ecosystem for sourcing top talent for Andela.
- A self-starter and able to work independently with some ambiguity and develop process and structure as needed.
- Ability to evaluate technical talent including rating proficiency in: tech stacks, microservices, API builds, version control, load balancing, caching, etc.
Benefits & Compensation
- Full-time compensation
- Full medical coverage
- Lunch and snacks provided daily
- Beautiful working environment
- Opportunity to work with the brightest minds on the planet
- Oh, And a chance to change the world!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status
This job originally appeared elsewhere.
Help someone get a job, tell them to visit http://jbng.me/519026 to apply for this job .