Guinness Nigeria is not only regarded as an iconic African company, but also as a company that believes in enriching the communities within which it operates.
In Guinness Nigeria Plc., we recognize that the engagement of our employees is critical to our business performance.
It is the only company that does Total Beverage Alcohol (TBA) in Nigeria. It’s an on trade dominated market but with a fast growing off-trade channel.
We believe that our success is dependent on our ability to create an environment where all our employees feel included and able to perform at their best.
Are you ready to release your full potential in a place that provides you a working environment where you can learn and grow?
Do you possess the ability to provide excellent work as well as support to our business in order to positively contribute to corporate reputation?
If you think Guinness Nigeria is the best place for you to be, then look no further because as an employee of Guinness Nigeria, your value is of most importance.
Function: Supply Operations
Reports To: Packaging Manager
- Nigeria is currently the world's leading market for the Guinness extra stout Brand. The products are made for the local, national and export markets.
- The incumbent oversees all packaging activities through his team, and reports to the Packaging Manager.
- The incumbent is responsible for meeting shift production volumes at the right quality, while achieving targets in a cost efficient manner.
- The Packaging Department is responsible for the packaging of all brewing products into returnable and non-returnable containers, ready for distribution.
- The Shift Manager, Packaging is responsible for his/her department during shift production hours, with full responsibility for their team and the dept. assets.
Purpose of the Role
- Overall responsibility for the delivery of shift outputs, targets and goals by managing, leading and supporting the shift team to produce to the desired customer service, quality and yield levels in the most cost effective and efficient manner.
- To identify and drive improvement, ensuring delivery of department goals.
- To manage resource allocation, develop team members and optimize individual potential to contribute to the overall site performance.
- The Nigerian beer market is very complex with many competitors and a strong quality, cost and delivery focus.
- Need to constantly reduce production cost, while maintaining high quality and delivery in a highly unionized working environment.
- Manages full shift responsibility including direct responsibility for developing, coaching and supporting team workers and contractors and indirectly overseeing maintenance activities.
- Interact with other Shift Managers, Packaging Manager, Brewing department (key internal supplier), Engineering and Supply Planning, to ensure that target volumes are achieved cost effectively and on time.
- Supervise, prioritize and coordinate all activities of shift team workers, including operational, personnel, and administrative tasks to ensure that all products required are produced to target volumes and specifications with best possible efficiencies and optimum KPI’s.
- Develop & deliver improved performance against targets through effective problem solving, decision-making and communication between shift teams, and aligned, planned activity with Manufacturing Excellence Team, Engineering, Brewing, customer services, Brewery Logistics and Supply planning Team.
- Lead implementation of the company’s health, safety, quality, environment and hygiene standards for the protection of company products, personnel and assets in the packaging environment.
- Control cost of packaging by minimising process waste, maximising efficiencies and taking appropriate actions to reduce downtime and improve quality.
Qualifications and Experience
- Science or Engineering Degree or equivalent
- Should hold an IBG/NSE qualification and knowledge of packaging and WCM techniques.
- Knowledge of Guinness policies is an added advantage.
- Structured problem evaluation & solving skills and ready to make decisions, take the initiative and originate action.
- High level of energy and commitment to team based achievement and high interpersonal effectiveness to develop & sustain robust relationships.
- 4 years’ experience in a food or drink packaging environment with a track record of delivering sustainable improvements in packaging efficiency and quality, particularly through effective people management and development.
- Competency in packaging management and prioritization of resources to meet key targets, while setting high standards & stretching goals for self & others to exceed internal & external customer needs
This job originally appeared elsewhere.
Help someone get a job, tell them to visit http://jbng.me/519021 to apply for this job .