Stanbic IBTC is known for catering both individuals and businesses through carefully designed retail and business banking products.
At Stanbic IBTC, we offer all our clients a wide range of personal and commercial banking products through over 180 branches spread across every state in Nigeria and our online banking platforms.
We are a key player in financial inclusion and are poised to take banking to the doorsteps of our customers which is why we create job openings for the best and most qualified candidates.
To help us drive our success into the future, we are looking for resourceful individuals to join our dedicated team at our offices.
Do you have a detailed approach to task completion, strong organization skills, positive relationship and communication skills?
If your answer has been yes so far, then don't look any further. You could just be the person we've been looking for.
- To drive and manage the profitable delivery of a proactive, value adding sales, solutions and service platform through the relationship managers in order to grow and retain high-value business for the Suite.
- To execute Commercial Banking’s strategic initiatives and activities towards managing all clients in the Suite, to ensure each relationship is adequately mined and optimised for both customer experience and bank profitability.
Output Group 1*:
- Implementation of the commercial banking strategy, value propositions and initiatives within suite coverage:
Outputs and measures*:
- Plans the implementation approach for the strategy and value propositions in the short- and medium-term for the Suite to drive achievement of financial and non-financial objectives within the Suite.
- Takes the lead in framing the Commercial Banking priorities, initiatives and activities for the Suite that will lead to effective implementation of the strategy and value propositions.
- Drives the implementation of the Commercial Banking customer value proposition for the zone, industry value proposition, customer value chain analysis, Business Development Committee,
- Business/Personal Interplay, sales force utilisation, electronic banking penetration, zero dormancy, optimal value chain mining, and other initiatives to drive a profitable Suite.
- Drives the achievement of delivering the firm (DTF) concept by ensuring that the RelationshipManagers understand the DTF concept to ensure achievement of the DTF goals Ensures that the RMs understand the DTF concept, assigns them DTF targets, supports the appropriate engagements with clients to deepen relationships and understand their needs, and provide relevant solutions.
- Monitors and ensures that customers are offered alternative channels for their banking needs to ensure migration to appropriate channels.
- Analyses local management information reports to obtain local market intelligence relevant to the SuiteUses the information to formulate sales plans and develops performance targets.
- Ensures that customer contact and relationship management practices in the Suite are aligned to the Customer Value Proposition and that they are well understood and implemented by Relationship Managers.
- Ensures adherence to approved risk appetite and alignment with overall PBB strategy by the Suite in all undertakings.
- Drives optimal utilisation of sales force by the members of the Suite via daily review and monitoring of information uploaded per CVCAs, call memos, trans-regional referrals, call plans, licence utilisation per RM, etc.
- Structures client portfolios using agreed Commercial Banking segmentation criteria.
- Ensures that customers are migrated to the appropriate segments to achieve optimal customer experience and acceptable levels of profitability.
- Matches customer portfolios to Relationship Managers based on skill and capacity.
- Ensures that Relationship Managers have a thorough understanding of the products, risks, pricing and profitability of all the Commercial Banking offerings including transactional banking, borrowing, savings and insurance solutions.
- Develops business partnerships with other business segments and other areas of the Bank including the Centre teams that impact Commercial Banking in Suite, to ensure maximum leverage of Standard Bank capabilities.
- Participates in local industry forums, business chambers, industry events and business networking events to position the value offering of the Bank and to develop relationships with potential clients.
- Growth in portfolio size and Suite profitability.
- Growth in wallet share of clients’ businesses.
- Improved experiences for clients in their interactions with the Suite.
- Quality of relationship management as measured by clients’ positive experiences reflected in NPS scores, dipstick measurement outcomes.
Output Group 2*:
- Delivery of suite financial and non-financial targets
Outputs and measures:
- Ensures delivery of the set targets as reflected on the budget/scorecard/KRAs as set by the Head: Commercial BankingMeasures performance of the RMs against the scorecard on a monthly basisDevelops alternative initiatives and plans if performance forecasts are not on track to ensure optimal business performance.
- Achieves financial budgets of the Suite through optimal sustainable growth of the balance sheet, revenue streams, effective margin and impairment management to ensure achievement of the Suits objectives.
- Reviews and agrees to all credit applications for Commercial Banking customers in the Suite before information is sent through the evaluation and approval process to ensure compliance and adherence to procedure (The Suite Head is involved from the client engagement stage, to BAC stage, before submission to Credit).
- Manages the controllable costs of the Commercial Banking Suite within agreed budgets and ensures recovery of all fees and revenues due from customers.
- Drives and monitors the financial performance of the Suite by timeously addressing performance gaps.
- Allocates financial targets to individual Relationship Managers and Support Officers in line with portfolio and local market dynamics and measures, tracks and manages sales targets and budgets for each RM/portfolio in the Suite to drive achievement of financial targets.
- Implements and controls the pricing strategy and parameters for the Suite in line with pricing policy and financial targets and prepares input and recommendations for all pricing concessions outside own mandate.
- Drives and monitors the non-financial performance such as market share, wallet share, sales/NTB client acquisition, Net Promoter Score, Dipstick, accuracy and completeness of customer information, accurate segmentation of customers in the portfolios, accurate mapping of clients to RMs, appropriate tiering of clients using the established thresholds, adhering to the zero inactivity/dormancy in portfolios, etc.
- Growth in portfolio size and Suite profitability
- Growth in wallet share of clients’ businesses.
- Suite profitability as measured by budgeted revenue after impairments, total revenue, ARPC,
- CoF, average assets yield, LTD ratio.
- Quality of credit structuring and documentation in the Suite.
- Accurate segmentation, mapping and tiering of clients in the portfolios within the Suite.
Output Group 3*:
Outputs and measures:
- Responsible for inspiring, motivating, leading and managing the team.
- Responsible for the recruitment, development and retention of relevant skills in order to meet the business needs.
- Ensures the effective selection of staff by matching the skills and competencies to the requirements of the job.
- Ensures skills assessments and competency-based training takes place as and when required.
- Builds organisational capabilities through evaluating likely future requirements and ensuring that individuals are provided with the best possible development opportunities in line with these.
- Creates an environment in which learning and development are emphasised and valued.
- Takes personal responsibility for coaching and mentoring others.
- Develops and maintains an open communication channel with direct reports and supports staff to foster greater co-operation and teamwork.
- Monitors and manages the performance and development of staff within the area This includes regular one-on-one feedback sessions, conducting mid-year and final performance appraisals, as well as the moderation and relative distribution of all appraisals for the team.
- Provides input to the Talent Review Sessions and succession planning, in conjunction with Human Resources.
- Effectively delegates authority and responsibility, in line with business objectives, to ensure the empowerment, motivation and effectiveness of all direct and indirect reports.
- Promotes a culture where the values of the Bank are seen to be ‘alive’
- Ensures the implementation of the leadership promise and employee engagement programme.
- Encourages team members to express their views, resolves issues raised by the team, escalates issues if required, and provides feedback to teams on an on-going basis.
- Ensures staff are appropriately and consistently rewarded and recognised for their achievements and outputs.
- Ensures that disciplinary action and grievances are addressed and aligned to the Standard Bank policies and procedures.
- People management within HC policies
- Competency of Relationship Managers
- Team effectiveness and motivation – people management / engagement measured through delivery of agreed targets by team.
Output group 4:
- Risk and compliance management for the suite.
Outputs and Measures:
- Implements and maintains processes, control requirements and risk management frameworks for the Suite and ensures that they are understood by all members of the team.
- Reviews assurance and audit reports that relate to the Suite and contributes to the development and implementation of remediation plans.
- Monitors compliance training attendance on a monthly basis and ensures that the team understands the importance of completing it.
- Contributes to the updates of Business Continuity Management plans for the SuiteParticipates in tests; creates corrective actions for gaps identified during testing to mitigate potential risks.
- Ensures that all team members understand control requirements related to physical and systems access; controls and other information security requirements.
- Ensures that all evidence requirements for control reviews and audits are supplied timeously.
- Logs risk incidents as a result of operational errors or fraud in the Suite; co-operates with and participates in formal investigations when required; ensures that all events are properly analysed and closed out.
- Ensures that the team understand the compliance requirements and creates actions to address any observed gaps.
- Ensures that all clients in the Suite portfolio are fully Bank Verification Number (BVN) and KYC compliant.
- No regulatory breaches / fines.
- Effective impairments management.
- Improved processes for enhanced service delivery.
Preferred Qualification and Experience
- Formal minimum
- qualification 1*
- Type of qualification: First Degree
- Choose an item.
- Other qualifications, certifications or professional memberships Experience
Experience Required 1:
- Job Function: Personal and Business Banking
- Job Family: relationship management
- Years: 5-7 Years
- Experience Description: Previous experience in relationship management, in a Business Banking or
- CIB environment, with at least 3 years in team lead position.
Experience Required 2:
- Job Function: Risk Management
- Job Family: Credit Risk Management
- Years: 3-4 Years
- Experience Description: Practical direct exposure to lending principles/previous working experience in Credit Risk Management.
Competency Label: Developing Practical Approaches:
- Competency Description: Adopting practical solutions with an emphasis on learning by doing This competency requires individuals to utilise common sense when required Ultimately, this competency is important in order to ensure that organisations implement feasible solutions.
Competency Label: Developing Relationships
- Competency Description: The competency “Developing Relationships” is about fostering relationships that benefit the organisation as well as an individual’s effectiveness and efficiencySpecifically, it includes personal networking behaviours, making contact with others and strengthening relationships.
Competency Label: Making Decisions:
- Competency Description: This competency is about the pace at which individuals are prepared to make decisions, as well as their willingness to take responsibility for their decisionsIt also deals with the extent to which individuals are definite about their views and opinions.
Competency Label: Leading People:
- Competency Description: This competency emphasises the “leading” or “giving direction” part of leadership The effective display of the “Leading People” competency is highly dependent on the effective display of a number of other competencies Leading people is about taking control of as well as coordinating people and resources While there are many different views on what leadership is, in this case, the concern is not focused on what leadership is, but is rather focused on the generic behaviour associated with leading people.
Competency Label: Empowering Individuals:
- Competency Description: This competency emphasises the empowerment of others, which includes encouraging others, motivating as well as inspiring them.
Competency Label: Team Working:
- Competency Description: This competency is about working well in a teamIn order to develop this competency, individuals are encouraged to acknowledge the views and contributions of others, and to involve others in decision-making.
Competency Label: Embracing Change:
- Competency Description: This competency, in the context of organisations is concerned with the extent to which individuals accept challenges and change as well as the extent to which individuals cope well with uncertainty Accepting change and coping with uncertainty can enhance one's ability to adapt effectively to changing circumstances, which is an ability of increasing importance in an ever more dynamic business environment.
Competency Label: Resolving Conflict:
- Competency Description: This competency is about effectively dealing with disagreements and conflict in the workplaceIn order to demonstrate being competent at resolving conflicts in the workplace, individuals are expected to demonstrate that they are able to handle angry individuals effectively, and handle emotionally charged situations.
This job originally appeared elsewhere.
Help someone get a job, tell them to visit http://jbng.me/518195 to apply for this job .