Sheltercare FM consult seeks qualified candidates to fill this role
- Facility manager willing to pursue a dream in facility management.
- A facilities manager is the ultimate organizer, making sure that a workplace meets the needs of employees by managing all of the required services
- In this job, you will be responsible for the management of services and processes that support the core business of an organisation. Facilities managers make sure that an organisation has the most suitable working environment for its employees and their activities.
- This is a diverse field with a range of responsibilities, which are dependent on the structure and size of the organisation.
- Facilities managers are involved in both strategic planning and day-to-day operations, particularly in relation to buildings and premises.
Likely areas of responsibility include:
- Building and grounds maintenance;
- Catering and vending;
- Health and safety;
- Procurement and contract management;
- Space management;
- Utilities and communications infrastructure.
Your duties will probably vary depending on the nature of the organisation, but will generally focus on using best business practice to improve efficiency, by reducing operating costs while increasing productivity.
A facilities manager can be employed in all sectors and industries and the diversity of the work is reflected in the range of job titles, for example operations, estates, technical services, asset or property manager.
- Responsibilities often cover several departments, as well as central services that link to all the teams in the organisation. In smaller companies, duties may include more practical and hands-on tasks.
- Many facilities managers are responsible for either one or many sites. Some organisations outsource their facilities management services and use specialist facilities management providers. In these cases, facilities managers may work for a firm offering all services or one that offers specific services such as catering.
Typical tasks may include:
- Preparing documents to put out tenders for contractors;
- Project management and supervising and coordinating the work of contractors;
- Investigating availability and suitability of options for new premises;
- Calculating and comparing costs for required goods or services to achieve Maximum value for money;
- Planning for future development in line with strategic business objectives;
- Managing and leading change to ensure minimum disruption to core activities;
- Directing, coordinating and planning essential central services such as reception, security, maintenance, mail, archiving, cleaning, catering, Waste disposal and recycling;
- Ensuring the building meets health and safety requirements and that Facilities comply with legislation;
- Keeping staff safe;
- Planning best allocation and utilization of space and resources for new buildings, or re-organizing current premises;
- checking that agreed work by staff or contractors has been completed satisfactorily and following up on any deficiencies;
- Coordinating and leading one or more teams to cover various areas of responsibility;
- Using performance management techniques to monitor and demonstrate achievement of agreed service levels and to lead on improvement;
- Responding appropriately to emergencies or urgent issues as they arise and dealing with the consequences.3
Help someone get a job, tell them to visit http://jbng.me/515881 to apply for this job .