Pathfinder International is a sexual and reproductive health and rights (SRHR) organization dedicated to creating access to and improving the quality of family planning, reproductive health, abortion, and community- and facility-based HIV and AIDS care and services.
In partnership with host country governments and nongovernmental organizations, we train facility-based health care providers to improve both the quality and range of their technical and counseling skills.
We are recruiting to fill the position of a State Logistics Officer who will assist in a periodic capacity building of health facility staffs and State Ministry of Health on proper inventory management.
If you fit into this role, we need you to apply for it immediately.
Category: Country Management
About the Project
- Global Fund project will support comprehensive HIV services in areas, namely Anti-Retroval Treatment (ART), Preventive ofMother-to-Child Transmission (PMTCT) programming, HIV Counseling and Testing (HCT) and Integration of HIV and TB with Sexual and Reproductive Health (SRH) services.
- Pathfinder International, as Sub-Recipient (SR) has signed a grant for the period ending December 2017 with the Principal Recipient (PR), Family Health International (FHI360) funded by the Global Fund.
- Pathfinder will support comprehensive HIV services in areas, namely Anti-Retroviral Treatment (ART), Prevention of Mother-to-Child Transmission (PMTCT) programming, HIV Counseling and Testing (HCT), and Integration of HIV and TB with Sexual and Reproductive Health (SRH) services in the State.
- The State Logistics Officer, will provide technical and programmatic support for the strengthening of the Logistics management coordination and improve supply chain systems within supported health facilities and the State in collaboration with the Field team and State logistics management coordination unit.
- Assist in periodic capacity building of health facility staffs and State Ministry of Health on proper inventory management and LMIS data collection.
- Support collection, collation and transmission of adverse drug reaction reports from the health facilities to Pathfinder Country Office and State LMCU.
- Improve the effective management of facility and state level LMIS data to promote commodity availability and ensure commodity security at health facilities.
- Assist in managing the pharmaceutical care aspect of HIV care and treatment program at facilities.
- Tracking, monitoring and inventory analysis of all pharmacy and lab stock employing the use of monitoring tools, spread sheets and data bases.
- Prepare and submit bimonthly LMIS report, stock status report and periodic progress reports from the health facilities supported to implement the HIV care and treatment program.
- Provide support to strengthen state level supply chain coordination mechanism and effective collaboration among other partners.
- Support assessment activities such as MSVs, tracking storage conditions under which commodities are stored, conduct regular commodity inspection.
- Provide support in the PSM TWG meetings at State and Regional levels.
- Conduct MSVs to health facilities to monitor storage and SCM of commodities, documentation of records and reports; provide feedback to health facilities and supervisors and support performance improvement strategies for facilities with commodity management challenges.
- Support achievement of the overall project goals as required to ensure project performance.
- Support effective collaboration among other supporting partners within the State.
- Perform other tasks as directed by the Director of Project, Manager and State Team Lead.
- Maintain a good knowledge and understanding of all office rules and procedures as set forth in the HR policy manual.
- Bachelor Degree in Pharmacy, Public Health, Medical Laboratory Sciences, Logistics management or other related Sciences.
- Specific experience in HIV/AIDS, TB, FP, MNCH or Malaria programs strongly desired.
- At least 4 years of relevant work experience
- Experience working on a USAID or GF donor-funded project required
- Substantial experience in logistics & staff management, project support and follow up.
- Well organized and rigorous, able to multitask, Team spirit, good communication skills
- Good general knowledge of MS office suite
- High sense of diplomacy with government officials or authorities especially when handling commodities.
- Working experience in complex context (remote management)
- Willing to travel to field including insecure sites if security clearance given
- Flexible and open to learn and reflect in actions.
- Sound Knowledge of Hausa is an added advantage.
- Mature, responsible and able to meet deadlines under pressure and work with minimal supervision
- Strong interest in community/health care provider capability building
- Fluency in both written and spoken English in addition to Hausa language required.
This job originally appeared elsewhere.
Help someone get a job, tell them to visit http://jbng.me/515860 to apply for this job .