MultiChoice South Africa's activities involve the operation of Pay-Television and internet subscriber platforms.
The MultiChoice South Africa group includes the digital satellite Pay-Television business ("DStv"), which has been in operation since 1995.
We seek to appoint a suitably qualified & dedicated individual to assume the responsibility of Manager: Terrestrial Operations.
This individual will ensure world-class service levels for all Terrestrial Operation broadcast platforms.
Working at MultiChoice means being at the cutting edge of the broadcast industry.
It’s an exciting, results-driven environment that’s challenging and customer-centric.
To be the best, we attract the finest talent in the industry.
Think you’ve got what it takes to be part of the MultiChoice team?
Click through and go get that dream job!
- Ensure world-class service levels for all Terrestrial Operation broadcast platforms
- Optimized resource utilization (sites, equipment, staff, operational costs)
- Ensure effective implementation of new services and software/hardware on various Broadcast platforms
- Ensure sophisticated monitoring and quality control procedures
- Established and maintained operational recovery processes within Terrestrial Operations
- Manage budget
- Effective communication up & down
- Overall responsibility and ownership and rapid resolution of Terrestrial Operations service issues.
- Established and implemented and maintained operational processes to achieve optimum service levels
- Support Africa based Satellite Operations infrastructure
- Contracts management with service providers
- Site lease management, both contractual and financial
- Managed product monitoring (uptime, down time)
- Change control and problem solving processes
- Database management (event and fault logging)
- Streamlined processes and operational efficiency and cost effective delivery
- Standard Operating Procedures
- Established and maintained recovery processes
- Management Reports
- Ensure Corporate Governance process are followed
- Established Inventory and asset management systems
- Ensure all broadcast platforms conforms to regulatory standards
- MultiChoice-relevant technology operations knowledge
- Best practices for Head-end operations
- Best practices for Satellite RF operations
- Best practices for Terrestrial RF operations
- Best practices for CA systems
- Best practices for Monitoring practice
- Computer Literacy
- Best practices for IP Networks
- Best practices for Frequency and Coverage planning and analysis
- Financial knowledge
- MultiChoice knowledge
- Market and Subscriber knowledge
- Channel supplier knowledge
- HR understanding
- IT understanding
- Pay TV Industry
- Analogue and digital television systems
- Effective financial management skills
- Link budget analysis
- Strategic thinking
- Communication – Verbal & Written
- Analytical thinking/problem solving
- Cultural sensitivity
- Service Orientation
- Attention to detail
- Results orientation
- Entrepreneurial spirit
- Risk taking
- Ability to handle stress / work under pressure
- Deadline driven
- A degree in engineering or related field.
- 5 years’ experience working at a senior engineering level
- (Essential) High level of experience working in the pay tv industry on satellite and digital terrestrial platforms.
- Method of Application
This job originally appeared elsewhere.
Help someone get a job, tell them to visit http://jbng.me/515402 to apply for this job .