AfricaMagic channels provide television programming that speaks to the African heart! dedicated to African programming made by Africans, from soaps and drama series to lifestyle shows and movies.
It is a collection of Pay TV entertainment channels that focus on African programming.
Africa Magic, which started off as a single channel of the same name, is a brand owned by M-Net and now comprises eight channels.
The channels include Africa Magic Family, Africa Magic World, Africa Magic Showcase, Africa Magic Yoruba, Africa Magic Igbo, Africa Magic Hausa. Africa Magic Epic and Africa Magic Urban.
We seek to appoint a suitably qualified & dedicated individuals, to fill the position of a Commissioning Editor.
Do you think you can live up to our standard here at Africa Magic?
Can your expertise help in building our brand image and brand quality in an excellent way?
If you know it would, then we think you are the exact candidate we want to hire in our company.
Apply as soon as possible.
- The position will be based at our facilities in Lagos, Nigeria and the successful candidate will report to the GM: Production.
ContextExternal factors which influence the work environment, taking future conditions and strategic requirements into account:
- Multi-channel environment
- Market expansion/new ventures
- Multicultural environment
- Fast paced Digital broadcasting environment
CustomersExternal and internal individuals or groups to whom products, services, programs and information must be provided:
- DStv subscriber base
- Channel Heads
- DStv Media Sales
- Marketing and Public Relations
- Suppliers (Independents and Production Houses)
- Provide Development expertise for the scripted genres within the department:
- Part of the development phase (research & development)
- Attend quarterly review meetings for long running series
- Attend mid-point review meeting for 13 part or 26-part Drama series and Reality
- Provide Content DNA guidance across all the scripted and non-scripted content produced by Africa Magic channels
- Manage all commissioned project budgets with the Head of Production
- Work closely with Head of Production on ensuring that content strategic objectives are met
- Approve Scripted and Non-Scripted briefs based on agreed direction
- Draft Content Briefs to Industry for commissioning purposes
- Receive instruction from Head of Production (understand requirements)
- Receive, log and respond to unsolicited proposals
- Set up review meetings with content team (Time and Criteria)
- Shortlist proposals and discuss with Head of Production
- Send pitch letters to producers of shortlisted proposal
- Co-ordinate "Pitch" sessions with external parties and content team
- Submit 1st draft to Head of Production for review and review if necessary
- Conclude final draft and submit to Head of Production
- Submit for publishing through relevant media (print, online, social media)
- Draft report with recommendations and submit to Head of Production
- Letter of Intent (to Commission)
Contract Production Company
- Meet with Production House to discuss Terms and Conditions:
- Budget, Payment Schedule, Delivery Schedule, Technical specifications, Marketing , Production Schedule, etc.
- Discuss agreed deliverables with Head of Production
- Load onto contract management system
- Receive and review draft contract from Legal
- Send contract draft to Production House
- Finalize contract with Production House, Legal, Channel Head, Regional Director
Manage the Production
- Manage Production contract:
- Budget - review periodic cost reports, review production delivery specifications (production value/production quality), provide delivery formats (file/tape), implement and manage editorial requirements, etc.
- Conduct/Host/Attend regular internal status meetings
- Implement weekly status meetings with production house
- Ensure 360 Commissioning process
Manage Internal and External Stakeholders
Production House, Finance, Marketing, Legal, Suppliers, Media Sales, Viewers, Scheduling, TX, EPG
- Provide and receive info to/from stakeholders (according to schedule)
- Regular follow up/feedback on in-house budgets for forecasting purposes
- Manage regulatory matters relating to programme content
- Ensure that sponsorships and barter agreements are manage and all exposure elements are implemented
- Manage Performance of Commissioned Programmes budgets vs agreed delivery requirements
- Review and monitor programme performance vs. target
- Amend production/programmes, where possible, to meet performance targets
- Red flag non-performing programmes with the view to take corrective action or terminate
- Inform necessary parties/systems of repeats
Research Industry Trends/Changes
- Investigate/Review alternate programmes/channels/trends
- Report on alternate programmes/channels/trends
- Proactively present/discuss new ideas
Experience and Qualifications Required
- A Degree in TV/Media/Script-writing/Drama
- A minimum of 3 years commissioning or producing scripted and non-scripted content
- Extensive knowledge about TV broadcasting
- Legal and financial understanding and experience
- Understanding of Regulatory requirements
- Computer literacy (Excel critical, Word and PowerPoint)
- Personal capabilities which are critical to the production of quality outputs are:
- Strategic Thinking
- Scripted and non-scripted content experience (working on television shows, variety, magazine, reality, dramas and/or soaps)
- Interpersonal Skills
- Stakeholder Relationship Management
- Attention to Detail
- Deadline Driven
- Team Player
- Ability to mentor and lead
- Planning and Organizing
- Communication Skills (Written and Verbal)
- Problem solving Skills
- Administrative Skills
This job originally appeared elsewhere.
Help someone get a job, tell them to visit http://jbng.me/514419 to apply for this job .