LEADWAY ASSURANCE COMPANY LIMITED (‘LEADWAY’) is one of Nigeria’s foremost insurance service companies, with a reputation for service efficiency and customer reliability.
The reputation enjoyed today by LEADWAY has been attained by the continuing pursuit of improvements to maintain competitive advantage.
All aspects of the business are approached with discipline; the recruitment of staff, the development of products, the advancement of technologies and the personal service offered to each client.
To continue its time-honored tradition of excellent service provision, Leadway seeks to recruit the services of a Chief Financial Officer (CFO) to join its executive management team.
Are you ready to move yourself as well as our company to the next level?
If you think you can make the best out of this opportunity we are giving you, then what are you waiting for?
Submit your CV as soon as possible.
All the best!!!
- Reporting directly to the Chief Executive Officer, the CFO will be responsible for financial management operations which includes the development of a financial strategy, metrics tied to that strategy and the ongoing development and monitoring of control systems designed to preserve assets and report accurate financial results.
- The CFO will also oversee the financial accounting function of the company which includes financial reporting, preparation of budgets, cash flow forecasts and other projections as required.
Key responsibilities of the CFO
The CFO will:
- Work with the Managing Director and Executive team to develop financial strategy and ensure Leadway’s targets are met or exceeded.
- Oversee long-term budgetary planning and cost management in alignment with the strategic plan.
- Ensure company compliance with financial reporting and control requirements and coordinate periodic financial reporting to the executive management team, as well as regulatory authorities.
- Leverage financial perspective to improve risk-awareness, strategic decision-making, integrating performance management.
- Dynamically balance cost and service levels in delivering on the finance organization’s responsibilities.
- Define and adapt finance’s operating model.
- Source, negotiate and facilitate external finance, when necessary to deliver on the approved strategic plan.
- Develop tools and systems to provide critical financial information to the executive management team.
- Participate in developing new businesses and utilising identified funding opportunities to support the businesses.
- Assess organizational performance against both annual budget and long-term strategy and identify improvement imperatives.
- Engage the Governance Committees on issues, trends and changes in operating models and financial systems.
- Coordinate regulatory and supervisory functions, ensuring compliance with regulatory requirements by approving and ensuring the filing of statements and reports, returns and taxes.
- Manage relationships with Regulatory and Statutory bodies, i.e. NAICOM, FIRS, Lagos State Internal Revenue Service, etc.
Minimum Qualification and Experience
The ideal candidate must be a qualified/certified Accountant (ACA/ACCA) and possess:
- A bachelor’s degree in Accounting/Economics/Banking and Finance or related field from a reputable institution
- A Master’s degree in Accounting, Finance or Business would be an added advantage
- Minimum of 15 years’ cognate work experience in financial management function with at least 5 years in Senior Financial Management capacity spanning Corporate, Business Planning, Revenue Assurance, Treasury Management and Accounting with excellent knowledge of insurance business.
- Demonstrable understanding of insurance financials as well as advanced business finance and performance analysis.
- Strong budget and management skills, including proven project and process management ability.
The ideal candidate will be:
- Able to provide financial leadership in determining strategic business direction and align financial strategies
- Able to stimulate behaviors across the organization to achieve strategic and financial objectives
- Possess broad and in-depth enterprise-wide knowledge and capabilities of financial services, especially, insurance, to support the business
- Able to see the big picture and provide useful and strategic advice and input across the company and on the executive team
- Creative and a forward thinker with strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Highly professional and ethical with ability to maintain confidentiality
- A strong change agent and communicator with strong people management and development skills
- Possess excellent leadership and business partnering skills to achieve results through organizational resources
- Possess sound knowledge and working experience of IFRS Accounting.
This job originally appeared elsewhere.
Help someone get a job, tell them to visit http://jbng.me/513808 to apply for this job .