GlaxoSmithKline (GSK), one of the world's leading research-based pharmaceutical and healthcare companies, is committed to improving the quality of human life by enabling people to do more, feel better and live longer.
GSK employs over 97,000 employees in over 100 countries worldwide.
GlaxoSmithKline Consumer Nigeria Plc is one of Africa's largest consumer healthcare companies, producing leading brands such as Lucozade, Ribena and Panadol.
Do you think you can make sure GSK finances are in line with local entity accounting policies?
If you think you can, then we are appealing to you to apply immediately.
- To do financial accounting of transactions in line with local entity accounting policies, prepare monthly financial data, complete month end accounting, prepare monthly schedules & various control account reconciliations.
- To Assist Finance Controller in routine accounting transactions in the Department.
- Consolidate financial accounting of all commercial transactions at Site in compliance with financial & accounting policies issued by entity Head Office finance.
- Plan and implement actions for proper accounts closing every month & do proper reporting for Inventory, Employment cost, Insurance, MIS, Schedules, and other reports every month/quarter/year as per timetables defined by Head Office.
- Organize the local timetables, data requirements, analysis and review of all financial exercises including Annual Plans, periodic forecast and monthly actual reporting.
- Co-ordinate the preparation and presentation of 3/1 Plan, Standard Cost and other financial plans.
- Monitor, report and recommend remedial actions on deviations from plan and standards in the areas of production performance, overheads expenditure, capital expenditure and working capital
- Ensure Inventory Controls at Receipt, Issue & Consumption points. Assist warehouse in preparing correct SOPs and ensure that SOPs are in place & in use.
- Supervise proper accounting of any potential write off / write back so as to ensure true financial position at any point in time. Keep audit trail of documents.
- Provide training to users on usage of correct codes in Non Inventory Purchase Process system.
- Checking with account payable on payment status on weekly basis and ensure 0% delay in payment to vendors.
- Checking of Supplier Suspense account on regular basis & clear all outstanding import materials transactions on regular basis
- Ensure booking of overheads in correct codes & as per the budgets
- Checking of Scrap sales and ensure compliance with existing policy on disposal of current & fixed assets.
- Verification of Non Inventory Purchase Process-OPEN Receipt transactions.
- Department coordinator for EHS and Quality.
- Provide Decision Support analysis and counsel to the Finance Controller for all strategic site initiatives in partnership with all key functions with the site and Head Office.
- Work as a back fill and control the department activities in the absence of Finance Controller
- Drive and Support Operational Excellence in GMS for achieving Cost reduction, complexity reduction and operational efficiencies. Validate & report financial savings of OE as per GMS guidelines.
- Comply with GSK & Local Record retention policy
- Comply with EHS Policy & Quality Policy.
- Check for VAT account & ensure VAT credit availment where ever applicable.
- Liaise with Statutory and internal auditors to ensure smooth and nil observation Audit.
- Prepare Insurance incident reports and liaise with Head of Function for filling Insurance Claims as at when required. Follow up for the outstanding claims & ensure proper accounting.
- Ensure all company property is covered for risk as per GSK Policy and try to find ways/means to optimized Insurance premium pay out Vs claim filed.
- Do efforts towards site mission statement.
- Qualified Chartered Accountant (ACA, CIMA, CFA)
- Around 10-12 years of Post Qualification working experience in areas of Finance, Cost Management.
- Sound knowledge of Cost accounting and cost management tools and techniques.
- Possess strong analytical skills & commercial acumen
- Required Degrees: Bachelors
- Exposure in Enterprise Resource Planning and online working environments.
- Proficient use of the Microsoft Office tools.
- Ability to meet deadlines.
- Apt communication skills for effective presentation of analytical results and driving decisions.
- Ability to think "Out of the Box"
- Be pro-active and drive changes.
- Team Player & should possess good inter personal skills.
This job originally appeared elsewhere.
Help someone get a job, tell them to visit http://jbng.me/511496 to apply for this job .