The System Administrator will be responsible for effective provisioning, installation/configuration, operation, and maintenance of systems hardware and software and related infrastructure.
This individual will participates in technical research and development to enable continuing innovation within the infrastructure.
This will individual ensures that system hardware, operating systems, software systems, and related procedures adhere to organizational values, enabling staff, volunteers, and partners.
- Perform timely Patch management as per the Schedule.
- Deployment of Monthly MS Fixes / Patches
- Controlled Reboot of all systems after patch application
- Removal of Patches if issues occur
- OS software installation of non-mandatory patches and service packs
- Perform Change Management as per the process.
- Change Raising to facilitate incident resolution
- Change Raising to facilitate Problem resolution
- Change Review and Monitoring
- Change Management Reporting
- Change Review and Monitoring
- Responsible for preparing RCA document for Severity 1 & Severity 2 calls.
- Trend analysis of Capacity report
- Trend analysis of availability report
- Problem Management and RCA
- Trend analysis of tickets and recommendation of improvement
- Identifying problem areas and finding out ways to reduce that
- Documenting the changes in change management.
- Document the Incident Report in Incident Management Tools.
- Creating and updating of technical documentation.
- Antivirus management
- EPO administration
- Initiate Outbreak co-ordination team
- Troubleshooting of Antivirus Definitions
- Resolution of out of date Pattern files
- Cleaning, deleting and Quarantining affected files
- Management of Performance Monitoring Alerts (false positive)
- Monitoring and Logging for Security violations
- Bi-annual capacity report generation
- Reporting on outstanding Problem Records
- Generation of Monthly Service Level Report
- Generation of Monthly Patch Report.
- Windows OS & AD Incident/Production Management
- Installing, Configuring and Hardening of Windows Servers
- Installing, Configuring and Managing AD / DHCP / DNS Services.
- AD Replication monitoring and regular health checks to be performed
- Creating Group Policies and implementation as per standard procedures.
- RAID Configurations and Disk management utilities tools.
- Perform Security Health Check of Windows servers and other compliance related activities.
- The setup and maintenance of new infrastructure of Windows 2012, Windows 2008 Server Edition, Domain Controller, DNS Servers, DHCP Servers, File Server,
- Controlled shutdown and restart of services and dependencies
- Console operations – verify system availability
- Monthly check of assets against CMDB
- Daily Operating System alert handling and response
- Quarterly / half yearly password maintenance and scheduling
- Ticket Status Check and Update
- Respond to False Positive Alerts
- Incident Escalation and Progress Monitoring
- Handling Sev1 Incidents reported by automated alerts
- Handling Sev2 Incidents reported by automated alerts
- Monitoring of DHCP Scopes
- Change and Deletion of DHCP scope entries
- Change and Deletion of DHCP Scopes
- Management of IP Reservations
- Maintenance of DHCP Scope Options
- Management of DHCP Incidents and Alerts
Key Performance Indicators
- High Systems Availability.
- Reduced Complaints from End Users.
- Timely Incident Re
- Timely Recovery from Disaster
- End Users’ Competence in System Usage.
- A Bachelor’s Degree, or HND In Information Technology, Computer Science/Engineering, or related discipline.
- Windows System/Server Administration Professional Certification would be an added advantage.
Knowledge, Skills and Competencies:
- Ability to effectively troubleshoot complex technical issues
- Extensive knowledge of PC/server hardware and software maintenance
- Experience with physical (Dell, HP, IBM) and virtual (VMware/Hyper-V/ Citrix) servers
- Proficient with Windows Active Directory services
- Proficient with TCP/IP network protocols
- Familiarity with Microsoft System Center Configuration Manager (SCCM)
- Familiarity with Microsoft System Center Operations Manager (SCOM)
- Familiarity with Assured Compliance Assessment Solution (ACAS)
- A Minimum of 5yrs Experience in Windows Server Administration.
- Good understanding GPOs, DNS, DC, MS Azure, WINS Resolution,
- Maintenance and review of operating system admin accounts
- Maintenance and review of application admin accounts
- Maintenance of Hardware Monitoring Agents
- Maintenance of Hardware Management Packs (SCOM).
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and leadership skills
- Assertive and driven
- Resilient and committed
- Inspires and nurtures growth
- Integrity and ethics.
Physical & Other:
Travel within and Outside Nigeria may be required.
This job originally appeared elsewhere.
Help someone get a job, tell them to visit http://jbng.me/511191 to apply for this job .