KPMG is a professional service company and one of the Big Four auditors, along with Deloitte, EY and PwC.
At KPMG, we provide audit, tax and advisory services. We work closely with our clients, helping them to mitigate risks and grasp opportunities.
As one of the leading providers of professional services, KPMG knows that the success and growth of the firm also depends on the success and growth of the Nigerian economy.
This role provides strategic leadership to the firm’s operational and administrative functions.
Are you ready to take the role of a Chief Operating Officer which gives you the responsibility of overseeing every activity that comes your way in this firm?
If yes was your answer to this question, then KPMG Nigeria needs you to apply for this job.
Our client would love to hear from you.
- The role leads the implementation of the firm’s strategic goals around service delivery and performance by driving quality, managing and executing process development initiatives.
Detailed Job Description:
- Liaises with executive management to develop policies and procedures guiding the operations of the firm and engages with the department heads to facilitate the firm’s strategic planning process.
- Liaises with department heads to facilitate the implementation of approved strategic imperatives and initiatives.
- Monitors and tracks the reporting of actual performance against strategic plans.
- Deputies for the Managing Partner in working with department heads and any other external stakeholder as required.
- Develops the operational excellence strategy in line with key business objectives and strategic goals.
- Liaises with the department heads to design cost effective business processes and service delivery procedures that are in line with the firm’s strategic goals.
- Facilitates the change management process and ensures a full transition from a task-based orientation to process based.
- Engages stakeholders across the firm to maximize alignments and leverage on common processes and available resources.
- Drives operational excellence through people, innovation and the use of technology.
- Provides operational oversight to Finance, Marketing, IT, HR and Administration & Facility functions.
- Oversees the periodic evaluation of the respective business processes and their benchmark against leading legal practices. Makes recommendations to the Managing Partner as appropriate.
- Oversees the collection and collation of data on operational and process trends from each support functions and practice areas in the firm for review.
- Monitors the opinion of internal and external clients on the effectiveness and efficiency of deliverables and ensures issues identified from the feedback are promptly addressed to continuously improve performance.
- Ensures the elimination of operational redundancies streamlines existing processes and corrects wasteful practices.
- Facilitates the establishment of key process performance metrics, determining the measurement criteria and monitors the effectiveness.
- Provides accurate and objective business control assessment reports (issues, recommendations) to inform and guide Partners on the state of compliance with relevant regulations and risk control polices.
- Monitors the preparation of the annual budget, as well as long-term fiscal plans for the firm; directs the development, implementation and adherence to budgets and systems to achieve operating and financial objectives.
- Based on input from the Head of Finance and Internal Audit Manager, recommends improvements in financial systems and reports and works with the lawyers and staff to develop and maintain efficient processes and procedures to maximize Firm Profitability.
Required Qualifications & Experience:
- Good first degree in Business Administration, Law or any other relevant discipline
- Relevant professional memberships and or certifications eg PMP, PRINCE2, or function specific (eg ACCA), or standard related certifications eg ISO 9001
- Minimum of 14 years cognate experience in the operational excellence/quality control function of a services business (preferably a professional services firm) with at least 4 in a senior management role.
This job originally appeared elsewhere.
Help someone get a job, tell them to visit http://jbng.me/511086 to apply for this job .