Our client is a gender-based Business Membership Organisation with membership spanning 3 geopolitical zones of Nigeria, focusing on women and youth empowerment. Projects have been executed by them in partnership with international, local, State and Federal government bodies. We have been commissioned to identify a qualified and motivated individual as the Executive Director for the organization as part of its growth initiatives.
The Executive Director will ensure continued relevance of the organisation as a Women focused Business Membership Organisation by providing strategic direction for the transformation of the organisation to live up to its mission.
The Executive Director is responsible for the General Administration of the Network in Nigeria
- Manage and oversee all internal activities which include development and implementation of strategies to increase membership, improve member’s capacity, expand coverage, facilitate public and private sector participation in policy dialogue, collaboration, and strengthen partnerships locally and internationally.
- Coordinates with committed heads all Standing committees of Council as well as designing and implementation of strategies;
- Ensure that all chapter chairperson, heads of committees/sectors and staff comply with deadlines of various assignments
- Responsible for general operational and administrative functions of the Developing and overseeing the systems that ensure the Institute complies with all applicable codes, in addition to its legal and statutory requirements.
- Organizing, arranging and preparing agendas for Executive council, Governing Council and annual general meetings
- Produce regular status reports on network activities, dealing with correspondence, collating information, and ensuring decisions made are communicated to the relevant stakeholders;
- Monitoring changes in relevant legislation/regulatory environment and taking appropriate action;
- Stakeholder engagement and community relationship
- This responsibility will involve the issue of proper notices of meetings, preparation of agenda, circulation of relevant papers and taking and producing minutes to record the business transacted at the meetings and the decisions taken.
- Ensure timely filing of annual returns at Corporate Affairs Commission (CAC); and inform CAC of any key changes in structure or management, i.e. the appointment/resignation of directors.
- Perform other assignments as would be designated by the President and council.
- Attracting both local and international finding for the Network.
- She should possess a Minimum of a first degree in any discipline.
- Master's Degree in Business Administration or any other relevant field.
- At least 7 years of relevant professional experience in human resources and business management, and significant work experience in the development sector.
- Strong organizational, management, and staff supervisory skills.
- Demonstrated knowledge of Nigerian private and public sector
- Demonstrated ability to work in a diverse environment, and the capacity to grow income and expand financial base
- Ability to anticipate and solve problems/challenges inherent in BMOs
- Ability to independently plan and execute complex tasks while addressing daily management details and remaining organized and focused on long and short term deadlines and strategy.
- Candidates should possess diplomacy, initiative and good judgment, meticulous attention to detail, good numerical, organisational and time management skills and a genuine interest in business.
- Excellent computing, interpersonal, team working and (written/verbal) communication skills are also important;
- Experience with international business development programmes is highly desirable;
- Willingness and ability to travel.
- The role incumbent should be mature, possess a high level of integrity, and be a good team player and people manager.
Specific Knowledge & Skills:
- Management and leadership skills
- Decision making and problem solving ability
- Good judgment and the ability to apply rules fairly
- Respect for confidentiality.
Help someone get a job, tell them to visit http://jbng.me/510834 to apply for this job .