The idea of establishing an air force for Nigeria was first mooted in 1961 following the nation's participation in peace-keeping operations in Congo and Tanganyika (now Tanzania).
During these peace-keeping operations, foreign air forces aircraft were employed to airlift the Nigerian Army Regiment to and from the theaters of operation.
The Nigerian Government at the time, no doubt, recognized the urgent need to establish an air force actively supported by modern facilities to provide a full complement of forces to enhance the nation's military posture.
Early in 1962, the Government agreed in principle that the Nigerian Air Force (NAF) be established.
The Nigerian Air Force invites application from suitable qualified candidates for Nigerian Air Force Airmen/ Airwomen Recruitment Exercise BMTC 2017.
Do you think you're fit enough to join a team like the Air Force?
Are you ready to follow every of our rules, regulations, and policies to the letter?
We're not trying to use these questions to scare you away but if you know you won't be able to meet up with our criteria, don't bother applying because here we need agile and efficient people to join our team.
Read more below for further information on this position.
- Applicant must be of Nigerian origin.
- Applicants must be between the ages of 17 and 22 years for non-tradesmen/women, 17 and 24 years for tradesmen/women by 31 December 2017.
- Those applying as drivers must be between the ages of 18 and 28 years by 31 December 2017.
- Marital Status:
- All applicants must be single.
- Minimum height is 1.66 meters or 5.4ft for males and 1.63m or 5.3ft for females.
- Medical Fitness:
- All applicants must be medically fit and meet the Nigerian Air Force medical and employment standards.
- Academic/Professional Qualifications
- Applicants must possess a minimum of 3 credits including Mathematics and English Language in SSCE/NECO/GCE/NABTEB. In addition, applicants are also required to possess their school’s testimonials.
- Applicants must possess ND (with minimum of Lower Credit), NABTEB, RN/RM/NCE or City & Guild Certificate.
- Candidates with only Trade Test Certificate (including Drivers) are required to also have a minimum of 3 passes in GCE/SSCE/NECO including English Language.
- Note that applicants with HND or First Degrees/Post-Graduate Certificates, University Diplomas and Grade II Teacher's certificates will not be considered for recruitment as airmen/airwomen into the Nigerian Air Force and should not apply.
- Attestation Forms
- Applicant's attestation form must be signed by a military officer from the same state as the applicant and not below the rank of Squadron Leader or equivalent in the Nigerian Army and the Nigerian Navy, and Police Officer of the rank of Assistant CP and above.
- Local Governments Chairmen/Secretaries, magistrates and principals of government Secondary Schools from applicants' state of origin can also sign the attestation forms.
- The signees passport photograph and either photocopy of drivers licence or international passport must be attached.
- In addition, applicants are to bring with them Local Government Indigene Certificate to the Zonal Recruitment Centers and final selection interview.
Applicants are advised to carefully read the requirements before filling the form:
Minimum of ND Music. In addition, playing experience in any recognised Band will be an advantage.
Qualifying Recruitment Tests
Qualifying Recruitment Tests will hold in the following Centers:
Makurdi: Nigerian Air Force Base, Makurdi.
Ilorin: 303 MAG - Nigerian Air Force, Ilorin.
Lagos: Sam Ethnan Air Force Base, Ikeja – Lagos.
Enugu: 155 Nigerian Air Force Base, Enugu.
Port-Harcourt: 115 Special Operations Group, Nigerian Air Force, Port-Harcourt.
Benin: 107 Air Maritime Group, Nigerian Air Force Benin.
Kaduna: Nigerian Air Force Base, Kawo – Kaduna.
Kano: 403 Flying Training School, Kano.
Maiduguri: 105 Composite Group Nigerian Air Force Base, Maiduguri.
Ipetu-Ijesha: 209 Quick Response Group, Ipetu-Ijesha.
Sokoto: 119 Forward Operation Base Mabera, Sokoto.
Yola: 103 Strike Group, Nigerian Air Force, Yola.
Jos: 451 Nigerian Air Force Station, Jos.
Bauchi: 251 Nigerian Air Force Base, Bauchi.
- Applicants will be required to submit for scrutiny, the original copies of their documents at the recruitment centers and during the final selection interview. Applicants will be required to present following documents if selected for the zonal recruitment test:
- Two recent passport size photographs to be stamped and countersigned by officer of appropriate rank specified, Local Government Chairmen/Secretaries and other specified officers in Paragraph 8.
- Birth Certificate/ Declaration of Age (Any age declaration done later than 4 years to this exercise will not be acceptable).
- Educational/ Trade Certificates.
- Indigeneship certificate from applicant’s State of Origin.
- Zonal Recruitment Excercise
- This will hold from 23rd February - 16th March 2017.
This job originally appeared elsewhere.
Help someone get a job, tell them to visit http://jbng.me/506274 to apply for this job .