North East Regional Initiative (NERI) is an International Development Organization
The consultant (Translator) will provide technical assistance to translate and transcribe audio and printed material produced by the program from English to Hausa/ Kanuri and vice versa. The translator will be required to have access to a laptop to enable adequate transcription of materials. The consultant will provide ongoing services, as needed, for a period not to exceed 18 total days.
The Translator will work most directly with the Reporting Officer and other field team members as necessary.
- Primary responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Listen to and adequately translate audio and printed materials from English to Hausa and/or Kanuri as required.
- Transcribing translated materials onto into the programs required format.
- Any other duties, commensurate with ability, necessary to fulfill responsibilities of the consultancy.
Required Skills and Qualifications:
- Excellent oral and written compression of English, Hausa and Kanuri languages
- Proven experience in translating audio and printed materials from English to Hausa/Kanuri and vice versa.
- Ability to type out translated materials using Microsoft Office word.
- Ability to work independently, think creatively and apply problem-solving skills, and provide technical supervision when necessary.
- Strong time management and organizational skills and demonstrated ability to operate in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment.
This job originally appeared elsewhere.
Help someone get a job, tell them to visit http://jbng.me/500393 to apply for this job .