Amaiden Energy Nigeria Limited (formerly Moody International Nigeria Limited) was established in 1996 as a partnership between Moody International Group and Nigerian investors.
Since commencing operations in March 1997 the company continues to grow and exerts its presence in numerous Projects in the Nigeria Oil and Gas Industry.
- Supporting the UFR Vessel Company Representative/RSES-D and HSE Team onboard the vessels to ensure all lifting operations are carried out safely in line with Company and Project HSE expectations and objectives.
- Continually liaising with CPLO to ensure that lifting and handling standards within Company are consistently respected on offshore installation activities at SITE.
- Ensuring that Company Rules and Procedures (Lifting Management System) regarding handling & lifting operations are well understood and applied by the UFR Contractors.
- Participating/assisting the CPLO in the annual evaluation and review of Company approved 3rd Party Lifting Equipment Certifiers list which will be deployed on UFR offshore installation activities at SITE.
- Providing expertise in day to day handling and lifting activities on offshore installation activities at SITE, which include: categorizing lifts, hazard identifications and risk assessment and technical review (lifting procedures and organizations).
- Acting as Company Lifting representative for lifting operations on UFR offshore installation activities at SITE.
- Working with UFR Contractors to ensure technically acceptable lifting procedures and other related documentations are prepared in advance of lifting activities.
- Assisting the CPLO during assessment of UFR Contractors’ personnel competence to carry out lifting of handling operations.
- Reviewing Lifting Operations Plans for all critical lifting or handling operations on UFR offshore installation activities at SITE.
- Performing toolbox talks prior to the beginning of each working shift or when critical lifts are being carried out.
- Participating in the actual lifting activities and carrying out post-SERVICE debriefs in order to ensure good assessment of completed SERVICEs with a view towards providing performance feedbacks.
- Performing technical inspection and evaluation of cranes and selected lifting equipment proposed for use on UFR offshore installation activities at SITE.
- Ensuring that the SLS pre-lift checklist is completed and signed prior to every lifting operation.
- Ensuring regular site feedback to CPLO.
- Specifying the testing/proof load requirements in accordance with statutory requirements, relevant standards and company rules on consultation with CPLO.
- Specifying the marking requirements in accordance with company rules.
- Reviewing and signing of all critical, complicated/complex lifting plans and JSA/RA after obtaining approval from CPLO.
- Doing periodic reviews of generic lifting plans.
- Developing and keeping up-to-date lifting and handling procedures / instructions at the UFR offshore installation activities at SITE.
- Coaching and mentoring personnel involved in lifting and handling operations (crane operators & riggers, etc.) on UFR offshore installation activities at SITE.
- Carries out post lifting SERVICE de-briefs.
- Ensures and witness the daily lifting and handling activities are carried out as per project requirements and promote best industry practices
- Verify all lifting equipments (lifting appliances and accessories) certification used for any lifting operations are valid and colour coded
- The incumbent will be based onboard Contractor vessels during offshore installation activities at SITE with period visits to others location operational of Contractor vessels.
- Work regime: 4 weeks on by 4 weeks off rotation, 12 hours per day.
- Difficult and demanding environment in terms of daily lifting management: challenging and stressful situations.
- Multi-cultural organization with multiple Logistics interfaces and customers.
- Accommodation will be provided onboard Contractor Installation vessels
- Logistics focal point for lifting and handling operations on the assigned site.
- The incumbent brings expertise in the daily lifting/handling site operations and he can replace the CPLO for critical lifts classified at risk level 3.
- The SERVICE holder is responsible for the application of appropriate procedures and methodologies to ensure that major hazards associated with lifting operations on project are properly assessed and managed in line with lifting and handling standards within Company and Project specification
- The service holder must be capable of ensuring the application of handling and lifting procedures implemented at the UFR offshore installation activities at SITE.
- Has valid certificates of trainings BOSIET or FOET or HUET & SAS
- The service holder must have knowledge of all types of cranes (e.g. crawler, mobile crane with outriggers & pedestal, barge crane, offshore cranes with AHC) and lifting operations that occur at UFR offshore installation activities at SITE.
- Knowledge of all aspects of lifting engineering including such items as onshore and offshore load charts, effects of ground bearing capacity, barge stability.
- Hold appropriate technical qualification(s) and have sufficient practical experience to demonstrate technical competence.
- The ability to prepare (or check) lifting engineering calculations and risk assessments.
- Good knowledge of the English Language for effective communication.
This job originally appeared elsewhere.
Help someone get a job, tell them to visit http://jbng.me/499284 to apply for this job .