Catholic Relief Services (CRS) is an international non-governmental organization supporting relief and development work in over 100 countries. CRS programs assist persons on the basis of need, regardless of creed, ethnicity, or nationality. As CRS works through local church and non-church partners to implement its programs, strengthening and building the capacity of partner organizations is fundamental to the work of CRS. CRS re-established presence in Nigeria in 2000 and currently focuses on health, vulnerable children, agriculture, extractives and governance, and peace building programming.
- CRS has a long and rich history of collaboration with the Global Fund to Fight AIDS, Tuberculosis and Malaria (Global Fund). Since 2003, CRS has been awarded over $290 million in Global Fund resources to implement programs in 27 countries. In Nigeria, CRS is a sub-recipient (SR) on the Global Fund HIV and Malaria grants and will assume the role of principal recipient (PR) for the Global Fund Malaria grant starting January 2017. As PR, CRS will partner with the National Malaria Elimination Program (NMEP), various state governments and malaria partners and stakeholders to coordinate the 2017 long lasting insecticide treated nets (LLIN) mass campaigns in 7 states. CRS will also manage and oversee SRs to deliver a range of malaria treatment and prevention services at the state level.
- The GF Malaria Technical Manager (TM) will serve as the focal points for SRs for coordinating the planning process and implementation of the program activities to achieve donor targets, in accordance with the work plans, approved deadlines, within the budget limitations and donor guidelines at the state level.
- Program Management:
- Provide support to the SRs in coordinating the GF Malaria project at the state level.
- Ensure that SR program activities are implemented according to the work plans, approved deadlines, and within the budget limitations in the assigned state.
- Ensures that the CRS Zero Cash Policy is respected at the field level programming.
- Ensures the proper execution of the monitoring and evaluation plan by SRs.
- Manage SR budgets, including tracking of financial and material resources, according to the policies and guidelines of GF and CRS.
- Participate actively in the program wide quarterly program review, coordinate the analysis of the quarterly SR M&E state reports and follow up with appropriate actions.
- Ensure accurate and timely reporting of program finances and progress status to CRS by the SRs.
- Budget Management:
- With support from the grant management team, work with the CRS GF Malaria SRs in budget management, including monthly liquidation and request for advance.
- Review actual SR financial performance against the budget, and explain variances on a regular basis.
- Actively participate in activities to ensure SRs remain in compliance with CRS and GF donor rules and regulations for management of resources.
- Partnership Management:
- Act as primary state contact/support for designated SRs, including sharing new information and taking the lead on ensuring healthy relationships are maintained between SRs, SMoH and CRS.
- Build relationships with other stakeholders in the state which will include other implementing partners, state governments and state agencies for Malaria control.
- Training and Mentoring:
- Ensure that all state meetings and trainings hold as scheduled.
- Ensure all SRs understand program priorities and promote buy in from team.
- Support the SRs’ planning and delivery of trainings, workshops and other capacity development interventions.
- Represents CRS at all required state level meetings with SMoH.
- Represents CRS at all state level technical meetings with other malaria partners eg Technical Working Groups etc.
- Agency Wide Competences (For all CRS Staff)
- These are rooted in the mission, values, and guiding principles of CRS and used by each staff member to fulfill his or her responsibilities and achieve the desired results.
- Serves with integrity
- Models stewardship
- Cultivates constructive relationships
- Promotes learning
- Key Working Relationships
- Internal: Global Fund Malaria Program Team, Deputy Country Representative, Country Representative, Head of Operations, Finance, Procurement and Administration Staff, Regional and Senior Technical Advisors, Deputy Regional Directors for PQ and MQ
- External: Global Fund’s Fund Portfolio Manager and Nigeria Country Team, SRs, State Ministries of Health (SMOH), National Malaria Elimination Program (NMEP) within the Federal Ministry of Health (MoH), Technical and Financial Partners, partner health facilities, Local Fund Agent (LFA)
- Physical Requirements/Environment: Ability to travel frequently to the project sites in all the states of the assigned zone.
- MD/MBBS required with significant field experience in clinical and/or community-based malaria prevention, diagnosis and treatment OR post graduate degree in Health Management or Public Health.
- At least 6 years of post NYSC relevant experience in public health with a strong preference for candidates with at least 4 years’ experience in malaria programming. Some health-related community development experience is required.
- Experience managing developmental programs is required.
- Experience in malaria programming at the field level and providing technical assistance to partner organizations; knowledge and experience of programmatic and technical service delivery challenges highly desired.
- Ability to work both in a team and independently and ability to transfer knowledge through formal and informal training.
- Experience with, and a demonstrated commitment to, community-based approach to development.
- Experience with GF donor funding requirement a plus.
- Ability to interface with multiple stakeholders, representatives, and partners in a professional manner on an ongoing basis.
- Excellent analytical and information seeking skills, good decision-making
- Experience with participatory planning and evaluation methods preferred.
- Strong inter-personal and public relations skills.
- Willingness and ability to travel regularly and at short notices.
- Excellent English language oral and written communication skills.
- Proficiency in MS Office suite, including Word, Excel and Outlook.
This job originally appeared elsewhere.
Help someone get a job, tell them to visit http://jbng.me/496156 to apply for this job .