Supermart dot ng, Nigeria's leading online supermarket. If you desire to work in a fast paced environment, and experience rapid personal and career growth while making a tremendous impact in society, then this might be the company for you. We offer a truly entrepreneurial experience in a fast paced, yet structured environment, work within a proudly Nigerian company built by young, talented and dynamic entrepreneurs. We operate a structured yet fun and easy-going work environment and also a management trainee and in-house entrepreneurial mentorship program.
- Manage a Merchandising team of 5-10 people
- Review and update key metrics including but not limited to prices, product availability and product assortment
- Generate and analyse performance reports in order to aid planning and decision-making
- Oversee accurate display of image, description and price of products on the website
- Determine rationale for setting and adjustment of prices
- Identify and manage product sourcing opportunities
- Review and update of stock records and prices
- Conduct periodic review of the website for completeness, accuracy and attractiveness
- Manage regular stock checks at retail partners according to pre-defined schedules
- Pro-actively approach, negotiate with and sign new retail partners
- Manage relationship with retail partners
- Conduct regular analysis of product availability metrics and implement lasting solutions to improve performance where necessary
- Design innovate promotions tailored to specific demographics, events and festive periods
- Contribute to overall company strategy
Qualifications and Requirements
- Must be computer literate
- High level of proficiency in Microsoft Excel
- Minimum 5 years’ experience
- A university Degree in any discipline
- Experience in Merchandising, Buying/Purchasing, eCommerce or Retail is preferred but not required
- Excellent knowledge of FMCG brands
- Good understanding of customer tastes and buying patterns in order to determine tailored promotions
- Good understanding of product prices at supermarkets and local markets across all categories
- Good written and spoken English
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Good negotiating skill
- Ability to take initiative and work independently without supervision
- Must have high-energy, be enthusiastic and display professionalism at all times.
- Ability to multi-task and work under pressure
- Must have integrity and high moral standards
- Maintain high standards of cleanliness and presentation.
This job originally appeared elsewhere.
Help someone get a job, tell them to visit http://jbng.me/496012 to apply for this job .