The International Red Cross and Red Crescent Movement is the largest humanitarian network in the world. Its mission is to alleviate human suffering, protect life and health, and uphold human dignity especially during armed conflicts and other emergencies. It is present in every country and supported by millions of volunteers.
The International Red Cross and Red Crescent Movement is dedicated to preventing and alleviating human suffering in warfare and in emergencies such as epidemics, floods, and earthquakes.
- Co-ordination of all concerned actors in relation to ICRC flights in Maiduguri
- Providing guidance and assistance to passengers and non-AirOps ICRC units in Maiduguri
- Provide AirOps support as a liaison person between the sub-delegation in Maiduguri and the AirOps base in Abuja
- Brief all passengers and concerned ICRC units about ICRC AirOps guidelines and procedures
- Co-ordinate with the Car-Pool unit to organize pickups/drops offs of passengers to and from the airport when required
- Organize for fuel for the RED using the local fuellers in Maiduguri.
- Prepare applications for airside clearances for ICRC personnel and aircrews to be submitted to airport security forces and related agencies
- Provide adequate reporting about all AirOps activities in Maiduguri to the Air Operations Manager.
- University Degree in aviation management and/or combination of education, professional training,
- certification in air transport, and experience in air transportation related occupation required.
- Additional vocational training in logistics or aviation an asset.
- A minimum of 2 years of progressively responsible flight operations work experience with an Airline, Flight
- Briefing Office, Ground Handling Company or Airport Operator.
- Previous experience with a Humanitarian agency would be an added advantage.
- Advanced level in computer skills (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint) including working knowledge of Flight
- planning systems.
- General knowledge of the Aviation industry.
- Good command of written and spoken English.
- Driving licence.
- Succeeded in ICRC driving test.
- Capability to work independently.
- Aptitude to work under pressure.
- Good communication skills.
- High organizational and assessment skills.
- Willing to adapt and learn
This job originally appeared elsewhere.
Help someone get a job, tell them to visit http://jbng.me/495949 to apply for this job .