The recruiter is Nigeria’s pioneer education partnership consultancy, specializing in research, design, implementation, support and evaluation of education programmes, projects and initiatives across the public, private and non-profit sectors. The programme is an innovative assessment and advocacy initiative which is positioned for nationwide implementation.
The ideal candidate will have strong analytical skills, communication skills and a proven ability to lead, plan and manage organisational systems.
The successful candidate will work as a key part of the core implementation team to coordinate the design and delivery of the programme
Operations and Administration
The PM will be responsible for
- Effective management of the Human Resources of the programme, ensuring standards of best practices are met.
- Overseeing the administrative processes of the programme including grant management processes
- Promoting effective financial management.
- Supporting recruitment and management of the programme team
- Lead and support fundraising efforts.
- Strategic Planning and Programme Development
- The PM will support and be partly responsible for:
- Elaborating the organisation’s strategic framework for further evolution, including pursuing and identifying relevant opportunities for programme development.
- Identifying and establishing relationships and ensuring regular engagement and coordination with key strategic partners in government, civil society, media and the international community.
- Promoting internal lesson-learning within the organisational programmes to ensure effective knowledge management on cross–organisational thematic issues (such as illiteracy and access to basic education) and functions (such as capacity building, policy research, advocacy, fundraising and communications).
- Contributing to the organization’s wider organisational strategy and development by participating in strategic planning and other cross-organisational processes.
- Programme Management and Implementation
- The PM will be responsible for:
- Managing and overseeing the Programme’s definition, Scope Control, Change Management and Project planning
- Managing and undertaking annual planning and strategy review processes.
- Managing the development and implementation of advocacy strategies targeting decision-makers and opinion-shapers in the public and private and the wider international community.
- Ensuring overall monitoring and evaluation of the programme, including through developing M&E plans and undertaking quarterly review processes.
- Ensuring Programme Delivery Methodology is followed.
- Owning and driving delivery of Programme road map and milestone plan.
- Ensuring organisation’s programme documentation and effective information management
- Reviewing individual work stream reports, and communicate programme status, achievements key actions and to manage any delays.
- Ensuring quality criteria, plans, control and acceptance processes as are setup and followed for all programme deliverables.
- Ensuring quality improvements identified during the reviews are put in place.
- Communication and Policy Advocacy
- Making high level representation at external meetings and raising the profile of organization both in terms of promoting our in-country work and cross organisational lessons learned.
- Providing information to organisation’s Finance & Communications Teams for external communication purposes.
- Managing the production and dissemination of appropriate information materials (e.g. publications, policy briefs) in line with organisation’s overall communication guidelines and practice.
- Creating communication materials in the most ideal way to be used in presentations and meetings.
- Participating effectively in the policy making process of the organisation.
- Line-managing the programme team.
- Managing external consultants, as needed.
- Managing partnerships with local and international partners based on organisation’s partnership principles, ensuring effective cross-learning, capacity-building, and communication.
- Working closely with international and local stakeholders (both Governmental and Nongovernmental) and local country teams to ensure initiative is delivered to schedule and within budget.
- Working with teams to find solutions to risks and issues and reduce risk and work with stakeholders on appropriate solutions as and when required
- Working with teams to ensure the use of ideal tools for operations and ensuring the accuracy and reliability of data used or gathered.
- Creating a plan for scaling up the project nationally.
- Benefit planning, management and realisation as the project scales up.
- Develop and manage programme budgets and manage accounts in line with Company’s organisational processes.
- Providing overall financial oversight to the organisation’s programme.
- Ensuring the effectiveness of fund raising processes, reporting, writing and presentations.
- Passionate about education transformation in Nigeria.
- Vision for what a well-educated population would mean for the development potential of Nigeria with substantial working experience.
- Organised and able to lead physical and virtual teams.
- Has a can do attitude, but is also a roll up my sleeves will do kind of person.
- Team player with strong leadership skills, well networked and able to build value adding relationships with people at all levels across the public, private and civil society sectors.
- Proven ability to lead fundraising and programme development, including experience in dealing with commercial tenders.
- Excellent analytical skills and proficiency in written and spoken English.
- Proven ability to work in a multi-disciplinary team with respect for diversity.
- High level communication skills, including experience of communicating effectively across cultures and with diverse audiences, both verbally and in writing.
- Master’s degree from a recognised university in Education, Research, Development, Social Work or any other relevant field (possession of a PhD is an added advantage).
- Minimum of 7 years leadership experience in any or a combination of the following: education, research, policy advocacy
- Experience of working on development and/or donor/grant funded programmes will be an added advantage.
- Multilingual speaker desirable.
- Reports to the Programme Director
- Based in Lagos and willing to travel both nationally and internationally
Help someone get a job, tell them to visit http://jbng.me/495706 to apply for this job .