A firm in the media sector seeks qualified candidates to fill this role
- The Facility Manager would be responsible for the management, maintenance and upkeep of church buildings, equipment, and grounds. The Facility Manager would also provide assistance and ensure the day-to-day management, operation and smooth running of the church building's infrastructure including overseeing maintenance tasks.
- Facility Management& Maintenance
- Ensure a high standard of maintenance and repairs to church infrastructure is adhered to
- Regularly inspect all church facility to identify maintenance needs
- Understand and operate schedules of preventive maintenance for all aspects of the buildings and equipment;
- Coordinates the maintenance of the plumbing, electrical, AC and mechanical systems including Snr Pst’s residence and church vehicles)
- Develop and recommend a plan to repair and/or replace needed items around the facility. –
- Develop clear and simple written instructions for routine usage and maintenance of the building’
- Maintain system for efficient ordering of office and church supplies, e.g. stationery, toiletries’, diesel, etc., always seeking economies and adherence to green principles.
- Ensure compliance with safety standards.
- Maintain office equipment, physical space and telecommunications systems for a single building
- People Management
- Oversee and coordinate the Church Assistants to keep the church facility and grounds attractive and well maintained.
- Organize best ways to utilize church volunteers to ensure proper arrangements for all church activities –cleaning/seating arrangements , clean environments, inside and out –
- Coordinate the team of volunteers to serve in maintenance uni
- Ensure office/facility assistants are properly trained, that their services are properly performed
- Work with ministry leaders in coordinating facilities usage in support of work and meeting needs (set up and arrangement of sanctuary and meeting rooms for classes and meetings)
- log, analyse and track maintenance requests
- Organize and retain maintenance records for the church facilities–
- Maintain and process payments to vendors;
- Maintain a current expenditure account, monitoring expenses against budget.
- Maintain system for archiving of church historical documents as building plans, site plan, electrical plans, etc.
- Maintain an up-to-date file of contracts, brochures, manuals, warranties, etc, that pertain to the description and maintenance of church equipment.
- Maintain energy use and proffer suggestions to increase energy efficiency. Also profile data, utility data etc.
- Issue work orders to appropriate trades people or maintenance officers
- Match work orders to invoices and send invoices for payment
- Distribute, archive and coordinate documentation
- Conduct routine cleaning inspections with cleaners and facilities managers
- Serve as a liaison between company employees and outside contractors called in to fix problems
- preventative maintenance by responding to urgent maintenance calls and participating in the creation of emergency preparedness plans
- Review furniture needs
- Good interpersonal, communication (oral and spoken) and customer service skills
- Ability to work in a team
- Ability to assess and prioritize tasks
- good computer literacy
- Ability to use initiative, multi-task and work unsupervised
- Excellent organisational skills.
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment
- Minimum BSc or equivalent relevant degree
- Knowledge in ‘Building Operations’ is an added advantage
- Experience is an added advantage (in facilities or project management)
Help someone get a job, tell them to visit http://jbng.me/495560 to apply for this job .