MTN Nigeria is part of the MTN Group, Africa's leading cellular telecommunications company. On May 16, 2001, MTN became the first GSM network to make a call following the globally lauded Nigerian GSM auction conducted by the Nigerian Communications Commission earlier in the year. Thereafter the company launched full commercial operations beginning with Lagos, Abuja and Port Harcourt.
- To Manage Bank partnerships for the MTN on Demand service.
- To co-ordinate all internal activities to ensure effective operation of the service. This includes coordinating all marketing activities to grow the service.
- Extract value from what we already have by focusing on optimizing processes within the Unit/Department in line with the value creation philosophy. This includes individual contributions and recommendations to improve existing business project/initiative, capital/budget efficiency activities within the Unit, contracts review and negotiation in collaboration with the Procurement team, structural changes within the Unit etc.
- Drive Innovation by identifying and taking advantage of new business opportunities, e.g., by stimulating and encouraging new business opportunities, launch of products, product/process innovation, business model innovation etc.
- Maintain leadership in the ICT/Digital industry by influencing stakeholders within your immediate ecosystem for MTNN’s benefit. This includes participation in credible external think-tank sessions, involvement in inter-divisional focus Group sessions to improve business performance etc.
- Enhance/expand MTN’s role in the larger national macro environment by participating in CSR projects and/or NGO’s, involvement in recognized professional institutions, think-tank activities etc.
- Role model the vital behaviours needed to sustain organisational performance and drive people management activities by being the principal coach for your direct reports using the people management framework. Participate in employee engagement projects such as mentorship, facilitating programs, etc. In addition, support recruitment, on boarding and grievance management processes etc.
- Develop partnerships report on agreed outputs as required.
- Gain a deep appreciation of all products and services
- Carry out and use research to accomplish business objectives
- Develop advertising/communication concepts in support of the service.
- Manage CLM and BTL activities for the service
- Manage advertising/promotions/events from concepts stage (agency briefing–script-storyboard development) to execution (production-flighting)
- Develop and manage partnerships with Bank partners and Aggregators to drive speedy implementation of the service roadmap.
- Develop and manage the service evolution/roadmap
- Develop KPIs to track the performance of the service
- Network and build solid relationships with internal units and relevant third parties (e.g. strategic investors, technical and finance partners, business consultants etc.) and develop a close working relationship with relevant information sources to provide an integrated service.
- Liaise with various stakeholders (departments, agencies/suppliers) to ensure smooth implementation of planned retention initiatives and ensure that such initiatives are implemented within budget.
- Nurture in house relationships with key stake holders to ensure smooth running of account management process
- Work with internal stakeholders to drive service delivery and availability.
- Working in an open plan office
- Working 5 days per week with some late/early and weekend working activities
- Infrequent travel
Experience and Training
- A first degree in related discipline
- Fluent in English
- MBA will be an added advantage
- Minimum of 6 years’ experience which includes:
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in an area of specialisation; with experience in supervising/managing others
- Experience working in a medium to large organization
- Experience in Financial Services (Preferable e-Business Department)
- Project Management
- Payment Card Industry Standards
- Relationship Management
- Negotiation Skills
Minimum qualification BA, BEd, BSc, BTech or HND
This job originally appeared elsewhere.
Help someone get a job, tell them to visit http://jbng.me/495367 to apply for this job .