Requiring durable and timely legal / business solutions our clientele is comprised of: business owners, public and private corporations (including financial institutions), and high net worth individuals. The recruiting Firm has spent 20 years developing practice areas such as: Foreign Investment; Corporate and Commercial Law; Civil Litigation; Alternative Dispute Resolution; Banking and Finance; Real Estate and Construction; Taxation; Public Procurement; Oil, Gas & Energy Law; Intellectual Property; Information Technology Law; Estate Planning, Wills, Trusts & Succession; among others.
Academic Qualifications required of the Candidate(s):
- Second Class Upper at the Law School and / or University. (Those who recorded lower grades at both of these levels need not apply.)
- Must have a minimum of 6 O’level credits including English and Math at one sitting.
- Second degree in law or a related field could be an added advantage
- Should have published or unpublished written works such as articles, etc.
- Should have at least 5 years’ work experience in both litigation and transactional work, with a passion for the legal profession. Must have proficiency in the entire Microsoft Office suite
- The candidate must possess unquestionable integrity; excellent communications skills; and must be able to work with minimum supervision.
- Must be familiar or comfortable with the concepts of time recording and time billing for lawyers
- Having a commercial focus – both from the Firm’s perspective as well as that of clients – the candidate should possess a track-record of successful billing and collection of fees
- Must be results-oriented; experienced in supervising junior lawyers; comfortable in dealing with clients one-on-one; and prepared to stimulate and receive fresh instructions regularly
- Must be under 30 years old.
- The Associate Solicitor will lead and support Dispute Resolution cases involving both simple and complex issues covering Contracts, Real Estate, Debt Recoveries, Conflicts of Laws, Agency and Tort (this list is not exhaustive). He or she will advise clients concerning business transactions, claims’ liability, advisability of prosecuting or defending lawsuits, and concerning legal rights and obligations generally. The successful candidate will naturally be able to interpret laws, rules and regulations affecting both individuals and businesses. The ideal candidate should be able to successfully analyze the probable outcomes of cases, using knowledge of legal precedents, and would be rapid learners, logical in problem solving and be committed to continuous improvement.
- He or she will also be involved in company secretarial work including incorporations, tax issues, management of changes to company records and serving the Board. He/she should have experience drawing up simple and complex contracts and other legal documentation, as well as documenting and perfecting land transactions. The ideal candidate must have a great deal of initiative, a track record showing innovation, and must work very well in teams. Arithmetic and analytical skills are required.
- Working with the Managing Partner, the Associate will be a contributor to brainstorming and training sessions, and a willing participant in ongoing personal and professional development. The candidate will be both responsive to, and ultimately provide, professional mentoring. A healthy level of interdependency is desirable.
- He/she will write legal articles and proposals; conduct extensive research; and render sound and authoritative legal opinions. The successful candidate will be comfortable marketing the firm, developing or working in new areas of law, and communicating regularly with special clients.
- The Associate will be very active in internal meetings and happily undertake some aspects of firm management.
Help someone get a job, tell them to visit http://jbng.me/495343 to apply for this job .