About the Company
Our client provides a range of commercial agricultural services including cropping, irrigation and farm management.
About the Role
The Farm Manager will be responsible for the planning, coordinating and implementation of all farm activities. S/he will develop and manage all aspects of farm production fields; managing farm employees and liaise with community members in the area.
- Maintain standard of production to ensure the high quality produce
- Coordinate farm operations including personnel management
- Supervise and maintain farm infrastructure and landscape
- Seed ordering, fertiliser and material acquisition
- Plan and implement planting schedule
- Insect and weed control, fertility monitoring and general field observation
- Infrastructure planning, creation and maintenance
- Irrigation planning and implementation
- Soil building program including composting
- Plan cultivation activities, harvest schedule, harvest, market and delivery activities
- Assist with marketing and outreach programmes
- Participate in planning for long-term farm development
- Coordinate implementation of field level farmers out growers’ program
A degree in Agronomy, Farm Management, Agriculture, Horticulture or any relevant field of study
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- Good knowledge of farm produce
- Ability to physical work under different weather conditions
- Good supervisory and management skills
- Comfortable driving field truck and operating farm equipment
- Good organizational and time management skills
- Large-scale business awareness
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Good knowledge with hands-on experience in running an out growers’ scheme
- Experience in managing a large farm
- At least five years relevant experience
Please note: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Help someone get a job, tell them to visit http://jbng.me/495206 to apply for this job .