Garden City Farms seeks qualified candidates to fill this role
Develop and maintain company blogs. Research and write articles in a conversational style, which engages readers. Interface with key departments (executive, marketing, customer service, IT etc.) to insure blog content captures readers' interest, while promoting company message. Use appropriate tools to provide management with metric reports. Use on-line and off-line social networking techniques for collaboration with people inside and outside the organization. Maintain quality assurance, by open information exchange with customer service and marketing departments. Promote company objectives with each blog article.
- Develop and maintain plan for organization's Internet presence, based on management priorities, policy directions, and goals.
- Perform continuous enhancements and modifications to blogs.
- Assess new standards, technologies and trends, and formulate plans for future enhancement to blogging strategies.
- Use latest syndication and blogging tools with HTML, when appropriate.
- Ensure blog(s) are accessible from a variety of different environments.
- Produces a consistent visual image on blog(s) including maintenance of templates and image archives.
- Ensure images are delivered to the viewer at sufficient high speed and quality.
- Creates image links and ensure links are up to date.
- Troubleshoot and repairs bugs and problems.
- Respond promptly to blog comments and email
- Provide metrics of traffic statistics, reports and blog comment feedback to appropriate areas.
- Research, write/edit and create layout for new articles and features.
- Act as liaison between blog readers and corporation
- Interface collaboratively with web design team to insure cohesiveness between blog(s) and corporate web site.
- Perform other duties, as assigned.
- Possess engaging "conversational" writing skills with a professional posture. Must have be published by a recognized organization (on or off line) or have published blogs with confirmed reader visit statistics. Must be computer and definitely Internet/search engine savvy to perform online research. Completed degrees from accredited institutions may be substituted for experience on a year-for-year basis, provided courses were taken in writing, marketing, business and psychology/sociology.
- Ability to evaluate new and evolving blog technologies.
- Solid understanding of all sections related to the anatomy of a blog
- Ability to utilize reporting tools for analysis of traffic, referral links and reader demographics
- Ability to use syndication and pinging tools
- Knowledge and understanding of current editing, authoring tools, and related blog technologies.
- Ability to utilize computerized word processing, blogging and internet software.
- Solid foundation in search engine optimization (SEO) and implementing RSS technology
- Knowledge and understanding of internet operations and functionality
- Ability to evaluate new and evolving blogging technologies.
- Skill in the use of computerized blog layout and design software.
- Topical knowledge of the Internet, ftp, telnet and the ability to develop website documents.
- Topical knowledge of html, web development and maintenance.
- Proofreading and editing skills.
- Ability to create, compose, and edit written materials.
- Ability to write simply with a conversational style
- Writing should be informative, but not verbose
- Project Management
- Ability to effectively manage time and schedules.
- Ability to work independently and as a member of a team.
- Strategic planning skills.
- Ability to include corporate objectives and mission throughout blog presentation
- Solicit feedback from internal departments and
- Understand mission of key departments
- Ability to make presentations on blog feedback, metrics and comments at business intelligence meetings
- Assist management in Identifying opportunities, based on new developments in the blogsphere
- Maintain high ethics with blog presentation, content and daily work tasks
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to work effectively with a wide range of constituencies in a diverse community.
- Present professional, but friendly posture with blogsphere colleagues and throughout the Internet
- Provide management and key departments with intelligence from blog feedback, metrics and external discussions related to blog content
- Collaborate with internal departments to enhance blog features and presence
- Act as ambassador and liaison for company with the Internet community
- Develop collaborative partnerships on-line and off-line.
Help someone get a job, tell them to visit http://jbng.me/494957 to apply for this job .