Location: Nigeria, Lagos State.
Our Client, a leading Oil & Gas serving company will be in need of a qualified Accountant to be responsible for providing effective and efficient accounting advice and support to the organization and colleagues to enable them to make sound business decisions.
Purpose of role
A key responsibility of the incumbent is the ability to ensure all accountancy matters are effectively and efficiently attended to and to ensure that best practices are employed in carrying out any accountancy matter in the organization.
- Review financial transactions and accountancy matters, including audit systems
- Operate an efficient accounting system capable of documenting all company’s transactions and generating timely and reliable management reports
- Ensure adequate recording and timely payment of expenditures for each department and each fund within the company
- Review all sources of revenue to ensure timely receipt.
- Monitor cash balances and forecasts, arrange for debt financing, invest funds and maintain banking relationships
- Assist in the external audit process in order that financial statements and Tax Returns are reviewed and approved in line with Nigerian laws and regulations.
- Liaising with third parties including auditors and tax consultant
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or relevant discipline
- MSc Accounting & Finance is an added advantage
- Qualified member of an accountancy body or holder of an equivalent qualification (ICAN/ACCA)
- 5 - 10 years previous work experience as an Accountant.
- General knowledge of the principles and practices of accounting and financial management.
- Demonstrated ability to work under pressure and make deadlines.
- Experience in situations requiring good judgment; professionalism; solid problem solving skills; ability to handle multiple tasks;
Help someone get a job, tell them to visit http://jbng.me/494937 to apply for this job .