FHI 360 is a nonprofit human development organization dedicated to improving lives in lasting ways by advancing integrated, locally driven solutions. Our staff includes experts in health, education, nutrition, environment, economic development, civil society, gender, youth, research and technology - creating a unique mix of capabilities to address today's interrelated development challenges. FHI 360 serves more than 70 countries and all US states and territories.
- Northeast Nigeria is currently facing a growing humanitarian crisis with a vast number of Internally Displaced Persons in need of emergency assistance.
- These IDPs are living among host communities, lacking access to livelihoods and resources, ultimately leading to unprecedented levels of malnutrition and food insecurity.
- FHI 360 has been working in Nigeria for over 30 years and is now expanding activities in Borno state to respond to the IDP crisis.
- FHI 360 is expanding its expertise by responding to this humanitarian crisis through integrated WASH, Health and Protection interventions
Job Summary / Responsibilities
- The IT Assistant will provide support and maintenance to the Borno State Office computer equipment and network infrastructure to ensure stable operations.
- S/he will implement new IT solutions to improve business efficiency and productivity and will maintain/support implemented systems to ensure high end-user satisfaction.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Monitor and troubleshoot Server Systems and Networks, automated backup and restore operations and mission critical applications such as email, file/print services and other line of business applications to allow IT respond proactively to emerging problems and perform ongoing IT “housekeeping” functions.
- Perform installations of operating systems, layered products, and third party products for multi-user computer systems that host corporate applications, databases and websites.
- Assist and perform software installations and upgrades as required.
- Provide IT training on a periodic basis to project staff.
- Perform daily and periodic backups of all data on the servers.
- Ensure communication devices (mobile phones, walkie talkies, CODAN radios, satellite phones) are working properly.
- Ensure timely updates to Server and Client Systems. Study and apply Security patches and other updates or service packs as required.
- Provide on-going training to end-users and update of user manuals.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- BS/BA degree in Engineering, Information Technology, Computer Science or its recognized equivalent with 3 - 5 years post national youth service relevant experience.
- Or MS/MA Engineering, Information Technology, Computer Science or its recognized equivalent, and 1 - 3 years post national youth service relevant experience.
- Candidate must possess Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer (MCSE) and/or Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA) certifications
- Demonstrated success in multicultural environments is an advantage.
- Experience with a multi-site network (at least 3 sites) with a minimum of 200 users is highly desirable.
This job originally appeared elsewhere.
Help someone get a job, tell them to visit http://jbng.me/494699 to apply for this job .