FHI 360 is a nonprofit human development organization dedicated to improving lives in lasting ways by advancing integrated, locally driven solutions. Our staff includes experts in health, education, nutrition, environment, economic development, civil society, gender, youth, research and technology - creating a unique mix of capabilities to address today's interrelated development challenges. FHI 360 serves more than 70 countries and all U.S. states and territories.
- Northeast Nigeria is currently facing a growing humanitarian crisis with a vast number of Internally Displaced Persons in need of emergency assistance.
- These IDPs are living among host communities, lacking access to livelihoods and resources, ultimately leading to unprecedented levels of malnutrition and food insecurity. FHI 360 has been working in Nigeria for over 30 years and is now expanding activities in Borno state to respond to the IDP crisis.
- FHI 360 is expanding its expertise by responding to this humanitarian crisis through integrated WASH, Health and Protection interventions
Job Summary / Responsibilities
- The STO-Reproductive Health will provide technical and programmatic support to implement high quality care and support activities with primary focus on reproductive health.
- The STO-Reproductive Health primary responsibilities are to manage and support RH clinical activities for three sites of the new liberated government areas (LGAs) - Dikwa and Bama - with potential for additional sites.
- Under the supervision of the Response Team Coordinator, the STO-RH will manage all activities related to reproductive health while ensuring the quality of service and correct application of the treatment protocols.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide day to day technical and programmatic support related to Clinical Management of RH and integrated medical services at the facility level guided by strategies and approaches related to the implementation.
- Works closely with assigned team to ensure activities are implemented according to standard operating procedures (SOP’s).
- Build capacity of Community Health Workers (CHWs) through organized trainings.
- Serves as company liaison to external organizations at coordination meetings and conference as assigned.
- Oversees all aspects of the RH programs/projects.
- Remain informed on current programs in the field of Clinical Management of RH and related developments by assessing the needs of current IDPs and staying alert to any implication of such experience and research to the project implementation.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- MBBS/MD/PHD or similar degree with 1 to 3 years’ relevant experience in clinical care with a sound understanding of RH in humanitarian relief settings.
- Possession of an MPH or post graduate degree in a related field is required.
- Familiarity with Nigerian public sector health systems and NGOs and CBOs is highly desirable.
This job originally appeared elsewhere.
Help someone get a job, tell them to visit http://jbng.me/494697 to apply for this job .