The GIG group is a holding company for a number of subsidiaries with interests in key sectors of Nigeria’s economy. As a Management outpost, it synthesizes the managerial and strategic needs of the subsidiaries, drives the vision and positions the firms for competitiveness.
The group believes that Nigeria, in spite of its seeming vulnerabilities, holds the greatest market potential for any perceptive investor. Our group is, therefore, motivated to continually scout for new opportunities and developing same into very profitable entities.
The Operations Manager will be responsible for the implementation of business measures and strategies related to GIG Logistics business drive.
- Developing and implementing required procedures and policies in order to continuously improve operational efficiency in GIG Logistics & courier service
- Financial responsibility for revenue growth, cost control, debt collection and overall responsibility for budgetary deliverable in GIG Logistics & courier operations
- Market intelligence gathering through monitoring competitor activities, generation and analysis of reports pertaining to the same
- Responsibility for monthly management review actual against target with direct reports, Logistics Director and CEO
- Ensuring that operational procedures are in place to ensure safe collection and dispatch of customer’s items and maintenance of data and records thereof
- Ensuring service levels in terms of delivery and collection are met through monitoring of service levels returns
- Oversee management of the various operational zones including resource deployment and Customer liaison to ensure that services being delivered by the operations team meet the required standards and taking necessary corrective action where necessary
- Ensuring proper resource utilization and rationalization including human resource and fleet in conjunction with the fleet manager
- Maintain operation data on daily and monthly transaction for management decision as and when required
- To manage, measure, review and take corrective action in order to ensure that inbound & outbound service quality meets customer requirements and Group standards.
- To ensure all pick-ups are performed on time to meet committed service standards and the documentation is correct.
- To ensure timely and accurate communication of information which affects service quality.
- To manage and ensure strict compliance of security procedures and regulations for Road and Air operations.
- To manage and control costs whilst ensuring that operational service standards are continuously met in order to achieve budgets.
- To ensure costs are regularly reviewed against agreed budget targets.
- Participation in budgeting and budget implementation process for the courier services business
- To organize the operational structure, procedures and resources and ensure effective sourcing, induction, training and development of operational staff in order to optimize the performance of people.
- To motivate employees to achieve objectives and increase their job satisfaction.
- To encourage and develop new ideas for procedures and systems in order to continuously improve the ability of the operational system to promote service to customers.
- Minimum of 5 years combined Operations and General Management experience ideally served managing a direct Express, Courier, freight forwarding / international courier / delivery or B2B oriented business services depot
- At least 5 years’ relevant experience senior operational management role.
- Those with previous experience in Courier Operations will have a distinct advantage
- Must be commercially aware with a passion for customer service and delivery with very strict timelines
- Excellent people management and team leadership skills within a dynamic environment
- Strong operations analytical skills and ability to simplify the complex and continuously identify new opportunities
- Previous experience in people management is essential
- An excellent communicator
- Highly flexible and adaptable and keen to work in a different cultural and social environment
This job originally appeared elsewhere.
Help someone get a job, tell them to visit http://jbng.me/494665 to apply for this job .