Guinness Nigeria is an iconic business that delivers significant volume and profit to Diageo (parent company). The Media & Partnerships Manager will be instrumental in furthering Integrated Consumer Connections team capability, in line with the transformation agenda strategy for Guinness Nigeria Plc. Over the last three years the Consumer Connections Planning team has been transformed within the Diageo business. This has seen the team improve on its accountability over media critical investments within specific brand programs.
At Guinness Nigeria, we believe in a growth model which focuses on recruitment, driving brand fame, spending on media, doing activities at scale and ensuring a strong physical availability. In order to build brand fame we need our brands to be talked about, engaged with and shared: be stories in action.
We must ensure that our business has an ‘editorial mind-set’, predict consumer conversation and root our brands within these conversations and culture. We need our brands to maximize the value of ongoing relationships with influencer who can add credibility, build advocacy and deliver incremental reach.
- The Influence and Advocacy Manager is responsible for ensuring our brands think in a way which leverages influence and advocacy effectively and that our plans are executed to maximize this.
Ensuring our brands get talked about and drive brand fame:
- Holding the business to account to ensure Diageo’s brands get into consumers conversation and that our brand’s stories are newsworthy, interesting to influencers and drive consumer engagement, sharability & talkability
- Accountable for understanding local culture/conversations / tensions and ensuring our brands have a credible place within these through stories, content and campaign executions
Leading our brands to be present within cultural Interest areas:
- Acutely culturally aware; the role has a heavy external focus is well connected and knows people or is great at building powerful relationships to drive innovative, credible relationships and opportunities for our brands to make coverage, ideas and partnerships happen.
High performing team internally & externally:
- Driving a business shift to be agile, respond quickly to opportunities and express our purpose in a culturally relevant ways through content and stories
- Building direct influence relationships with key people and supporting team in their influence footprint; increasing Diageo’s reputation and delivering award winning work. Being a visible and vocal voice of Diageo brands in the market
- Responsible for building capability in Influence & Advocacy across the Marketing team and partners
Qualifications and Experience Required
- University degree in Marketing / Business or other related discipline. Postgraduate Qualification is an advantage
- 3-5 years’ experience in a similar role with a strong foundation in a consumer engagement environment
- Be a strong and visible leader internally and externally who constantly pushes the business in this direction & lead the team to deliver great work across all brands, interest areas and countries
- Ability to drive the Marketing Leadership Team’s (MLT) thinking forward and leverage the MLT team to deliver against fame outcomes
- Track record of bringing successful new thinking into a business, leading business change and experience of experimentation and failure
- Have a deep knowledge of what it takes to get into consumer conversation and confidently drive the MLT and business to follow this.
- Possess real passion for Influence & Advocacy, and a drive to always push and apply new approaches/thinking from plans through to execution within PR, Social & Content. Be a confident, outgoing and experienced networker
This job originally appeared elsewhere.
Help someone get a job, tell them to visit http://jbng.me/494642 to apply for this job .