Guinness Nigeria is an iconic business that delivers significant volume and profit to Diageo (parent company). The Media & Partnerships Manager will be instrumental in furthering Integrated Consumer Connections team capability, in line with the transformation agenda strategy for Guinness Nigeria Plc. Over the last three years the Consumer Connections Planning team has been transformed within the Diageo business. This has seen the team improve on its accountability over media critical investments within specific brand programs.
Purpose of Role:
The Media & Partnerships Manager, in conjunction with the media agency (AOR) partners and other IMC team members, is expected to deliver brilliant results in all core creative Idea amplification, impactful Connection Planning & and full IMC plan execution with emphasis on media (paid, owned and earned).
- Lead development, judgment and ability to evaluate the Media Plan, Sponsorship & Partnership opportunities
- Decision-making accountability impacting total Marketing A&P (based on % allocated to Media).
- Critical judgment on day-to-day requirements with the agency based on agreed protocol and processes.
- Integrated Marketing Communication (IMC) Development
- Partner with local media agency partner & sundry partner vendors to amplify the brands’ core creative idea into key connection points with emphasis on media (paid, owned, earned & shared). Apply best media & partnerships practices from global/regional sources and implement emerging frameworks (paid, free, and owned media).
- Media/Asset Strategy Development
- Partner with Brand team, Procurement team, Consumer Connections team and agency partners to optimize media & partnerships investment strategies and plans. Explore relevance of key partnership assets & properties across multi-channels - fit-for-purpose to drive Impact, Reach & Recency.
- Agency Relationship Management
- Lead media agency relationship, managing resource allocation and quality control (timing, cost, creative delivery). Maintains contacts within the media industry. Participate in the negotiation and maintains relationship with media suppliers.
- IMC Plan Execution
- Lead to full execution of media plans within IMC plans—ensuring clear links to core creative idea and leveraging brand strategies. Manage clear processes/routines with key partners (e.g. media owners, brand ambassadors, agencies, etc.) to ensure plans are executed on time/ in-budget and coordinated across key constituents as needed. Manage clear execution and related “post-mortems”.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- University degree in any of the numeric disciplines / Marketing or other related discipline.
- 5-6 years’ experience either within an FMCG organisation with a media planning, sponsorship & key media assets focus, or a media agency background
- Proficient-Expert level in media analytics to identify and optimize media investment strategies and plans to connect with our consumers. Analyse media impact on core brand metrics and business metrics.
- Proficient-Expert level in leveraging financial rigor to prioritize and allocate resources effectively.
- Proficient-Expert level in measuring financial and equity impact of investments and institutionalizes learning.
- Policies highly relevant to the Marketing Function
- Diageo Marketing Code, Environment Policy, Competition & Anti – Trust Policy, External Communications Policy, Anti-corruption Policy, Occupational Health and Safety Policy, Corporate Security Policy, Employee Alcohol Policy, IMS Policy, Anti-discrimination & Human Rights Policy. In addition,the Company has 15 (fifteen) global policies and a Code of Business.
This job originally appeared elsewhere.
Help someone get a job, tell them to visit http://jbng.me/494641 to apply for this job .