The Nigerian Red Cross, as part of its strategic plan to position itself as Nigeria’s leading humanitarian and disaster management intervention organization, is currently recruiting highly professional and mission-focused individuals to fill the key position below in the organization.
Successful candidates will be joining a visionary organization with an extensive network of local branches in every state and over 800,000 volunteers working closely with those in need of humanitarian assistance.
- The Head of Human Resources and Organizational Development Department, under the direction of the Secretary General, manages the Human Resources and Organizational Development Department of the National Society.
- Responsible for the well-functioning of the National Society as a Matrix structure with separation of roles and functions of the National Headquarters, Branches and Divisions.
- Develop National Society Strategic and Operational Plans coherent with National Society’s Vision and Mission in collaboration with the other Departments and in line with the Fundamental Principles of the Movement.
- Handle the logistics towards the induction and orientation of newly elected National and Branch Officers (Governance) as planned by the relevant Organs.
- Facilitate the recruitment and orientation of newly appointed staff at National Headquarters and Branch Secretaries.
- Design and develop various packages (remuneration, insurance and other incentives) for implementation for the attraction and retention of competent Staff and volunteers for the National Society.
- Design and develop guidelines for membership drive, volunteer data base and youth development.
- Develop youth members and volunteer capacity, establish Red Cross Open Detachments, Service Groups, school units, and other support groups.
- Design and conduct assessment of capacity gaps; develop Headquarters and Branch staff capacity building and career development plans.
- Carry out periodic review of the personnel and human resource development policies with the view to ensuring that all staff and volunteers have access to, are knowledgeable of, and conform to such policies.
- Manage the routine personnel performance review process, using the approved and regular staff appraisal format in collaboration with other departments.
- Provide staff with relevant opportunities for professional development that are in line with their jobs descriptions.
- Coordinate all travel arrangement and other logistics needs for Governance and Management of National Society, volunteers, consultants and visitors.
- Maintain the general security, up keep and maintain office premises, vehicles, other working tools and equipment.
- Manage the National Society’s fleet, logistical and administrative arrangement including records for meetings, workshops, training and related activities.
- Develop new activities for strengthening the staff capacity and career development.
- Work closely with branches to strengthening the NS Human resource base and institutional development in collaboration with Government, Private Sector as well the movement Partners
- Maintain and enhances staff and organizational efficiency, transparency and accountability.
- Prepare and develop monthly, quarterly, annual and key activities reports and share with relevant partners and stakeholders.
- Coordinate monthly Human Resources and Organizational Development Mobilization Department meetings with programme officers to ensure compliance with approved NRCS policy.
- Ensure that branches meet minimum standard in human resource and institutional development, reporting and implementation of programme activities.
- Undertake regular Assessment of skills of subordinates and develop and train them in order to improve performance.
- Ensure that monthly, quarterly, six-monthly and yearly HROD report are produced and submitted to the National Board and CCEC.
- Work with subordinates (Human resource and organizational development staff) to develop a set of six months performance objectives specific to each of the employee’s job description and whose performance will be evaluated against.
- Perform annual job performance reviews (APER) of staff of the HROD Department.
Note: The duties enunciated above are intended to describe the duties of the appointee expected to undertake the position. It is not a complete and exhaustive list as alterations or deletion of duties may occur from time to time in accordance with the Nigerian Red Cross Society.
- Minimum of a Bsc Degree in a related area of study
- Professional qualification / membership in Chartered Institute of Personnel Management or its equivalent.
- Strong organization and planning capabilities
- Attention to details
- Analytical skills
- Ability to grow and build good teams
- Knowledge on HR and organizational issues as they relate to development sector
- Team player with good motivation skills
- Minimum of 5 years work experience in Human Resource Management
This job originally appeared elsewhere.
Help someone get a job, tell them to visit http://jbng.me/494452 to apply for this job .