Topaz Energy and Marine is a leading oilfield services company providing marine solutions to the global energy industry with primary focus on the Middle East and the Caspian Sea. Headquartered in Dubai, Topaz operates a fleet of more than 90 offshore support vessels. Topaz is a wholly owned subsidiary of Renaissance Services SAOG, a publicly traded company on the Muscat Securities Market, Oman.
The Technical Superintendent is responsible for ensuring that all vessels under his supervision continue to meet the standards and criteria required by clients, class and statutory regulations.
- Ensuring Company owned and managed vessels are operated in a safe, efficient and economical manner and in full compliance with Class and Statutory regulations.
- Ensuring that the Planned Maintenance System is being operated and reported in the manner prescribed in the company’s QA system.
- Liaising with Vessel Masters and Chief Engineers as required and providing technical advice and assistance when necessary.
- Budget responsibility for technical elements of the assigned vessels.
- Responsibility for all aspects of dry-dock planning and implementation for assigned vessels.
- Liaising with the purchasing department and ensuring that purchase requisitions are being tracked and expedited in a timely manner, and reporting to the Operations Manager when delays have the potential to impact on vessels operational capabilities. Ensure sufficient spares are carried.
- Responsible for the control and updating of the vessel Technical Library.
- Responsible for the maintenance and operation of vessel anchor handling machinery, winches, cranes and other fixed equipment on board.
- Responsible for overseeing the installation and certification of 3rd party equipment on the vessels, such as Diving, ROV and other temporary equipment.
- Ensuring compliance where appropriate with company policy and procedures in accordance with the requirements of the ISM Code and ISO9001:2008 ISO14001:2004 & ISO18001:2007 Standards
- Working closely with the QHSE Manager so as to ensure implementation and on-going compliance with Company & Client Procedures.
- Assisting with internal and external audits of vessels owned, managed or operated by Topaz Marine.
- Undertaking regular inspections and presentations on Company owned and managed vessels as per annual QHSE Plan schedule and compiling reports accurately indicating vessels current equipment, machinery, structural and operational status.
- Advising the Operations Manager of any training needs identified which could improve efficiency.
This job originally appeared elsewhere.
Help someone get a job, tell them to visit http://jbng.me/494410 to apply for this job .