Management Sciences for Health (MSH), a global health nonprofit organization, uses proven approaches developed over 40 years to help leaders, health managers, and communities in developing nations build stronger health systems for greater health impact. We work to save lives by closing the gap between knowledge and action in public health. Since its founding in 1971, MSH has worked in over 150 countries with policymakers, health professionals, and health care consumers to improve the quality, availability, and affordability of health services.
- The FAA Support Intern will be responsible for ensuring the smooth operations of technical efforts and/or field activities by providing logistical support and coordinating programmatic information for the Nigeria project activities.
- She or he will assist technical advisors / specialists and senior managers to coordinate project activities and will assist State Finance & Admin Manager for ensuring that any money expended in the field is done in accordance with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles, MSH policy, and any cost principles imposed by the donor agency.
- The FAA Support Intern is aware of, and adheres to, MSH’s procurement integrity standards in all activities. She or he will be responsible for working with other staff from the headquarters and/ or partner organizations to coordinate technical assistance.
- Be the face of MSH to the outside, offering excellent customer care to our guests, clients and partners physically or through the electronic media.
- Facilitate effective and efficient communication between MSH Staff, partners and clients.
- Manage the front office/desk and provide general administrative support functions including but not limited to: faxing, copying, binding, drafting memos and letters.
- Handle arrangements and assist in the logistics for meetings, retreats, and workshops.
- Provide project support to specific projects.
- Assist with Procurement, preparing Activity Profile, Advance Request, Travel Arrangements etc.
- Finance - Provide following accounting and financial support to State Finance & Admin Manager:
- Prepare payment vouchers.
- Properly code all transactions.
- Processing payment of expenses, including per diem and transport to participants during activities in the field.
- Prepare deposit slips for cash to be deposited into the bank account.
- Reconcile advances, including review of receipts, coding of expenses on the general voucher and entering into QuickBooks.
- Maintain accounting files.
- Tracking and following up on outstanding advances and assure timely reconciliation.
- Other tasks as requested by supervisor.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- University Degree in Accounting or equivalent certification from a Business Technical School.
- Experience as an Accountant or understanding of key aspects of accounting.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office programs, especially Excel spreadsheets, or comparable software and basic accounting software
- Specific qualification in management of a large and busy office
- Familiarity with the PEPFAR or interest in learning about public health issues
- Excellent writing and communication skills
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Strong organizational skills and ability to handle multitask
- Ability to respond to new challenges in a flexible and thoughtful manner
This job originally appeared elsewhere.
Help someone get a job, tell them to visit http://jbng.me/494409 to apply for this job .