Our client, a leading pharmaceutical company in Nigeria is seeking to hire a Procurement Specialist. Candidate should have experience in supply chain. The ideal candidate will be responsible for reducing costs, finding best deals, liaising with suppliers and negotiating prices for the organization. Candidate must be skilled in performing financial analysis to influence procurement decisions
- Review planned orders, create requisitions for purchased items, and manage approval process.
- Transmit and prioritize approved purchase order and supporting documents to supplier.
- Track orders and confirm system lead time, delivery dates, and costs.
- Review updates and maintain purchase order until they are closed.
- Ensure order adhere to supplier agreements and contracts; reports non-conformances.
- Lead finance and logistics staff in resolving reception and invoice discrepancies.
- Identify opportunities and implement action to achieve efficiencies.
- Contribute to consolidation, reduction, and rationalization of the local supplier base.
- Evaluate the performance of vendors regularly
- Minimum Bachelor degree from an accredited university
- Proven working experience as a procurement specialist or procurement office
- Candidate must have above average (intermediate to expert) skills in Ms Office applications. Particularly Excel and PowerPoint.
- Possess strong negotiating skills.
- Excellent math skills.
- Ability to work on multiple tasks with minimum supervision and must possess ability to make sound judgements with confidence
- Strong inter-personal skills, ability to work cross-functionally and develop/utilize collaborative relationships.
Help someone get a job, tell them to visit http://jbng.me/494287 to apply for this job .