TechnoServe works with enterprising people in the developing world to build competitive farms, businesses, and industries. We are a nonprofit organization that develops business solutions to poverty by linking people to information, capital, and markets. Our work is rooted in the idea that given the opportunity, hardworking men and women in even the poorest places can generate income, jobs, and wealth for their families and communities. With more than four decades of proven results, we believe in the power of private enterprise to transform lives.
The Strengthening African Processors for Food Fortification (SAPFF) project, a partnership between TechnoServe and Partners in Food Solutions (PFS), aims to increase the compliance rates of private sector food processors against national food fortification mandates by increasing the production of fortified food staples. PFS is a non-profit organization formed by General Mills to link the technical and business expertise of volunteer employees from General Mills, Cargill, Royal Dutch DSM, Bühler, and the Hershey Company to food processors and millers in the developing world.
- The Monitoring and Evaluation Manager will oversee the direct development and implementation of the SAPFF’s monitoring, evaluation, and learning (MEL) system. This position will report to the Team Lead.
- In this role the manager will:
- Establish a framework, methodology, procedures, and responsibilities for MEL program performance in accordance with the logical framework and reporting requirements;
- Develop MEL systems for use throughout the project lifecycle;
- Plan and oversee MEL data collection and analyze such data to ensure relevancy and accuracy on a regular basis;
- Implement systems to safeguard the collection and management of project data;
- Review, monitor, and analyze reports for impact evaluation;
- Undertake regular visits to the field to support implementation of MEL activities;
- Work with senior program management to integrate MEL data into program planning and decision-making processes;
- Share analyses and trends with project team members to help synchronize project decision-making processes with MEL results;
- Recommend changes to performance monitoring and work plans;
- Train project and partner staff on MEL processes.
- You will have:
- Bachelor's Degree in a relevant field. Master's Degree preferred;
- 5-7 years experience with MEL methods and approaches in an international development context, including designing, planning, and implementing MEL systems, analyzing and reporting using a logical framework, and other strategic planning approaches;
- Competence managing and analyzing large datasets;
- Ability to develop well written, cohesive analyses and reports;
- Strong analytical, program management, and financial analysis skills;
- Knowledge of Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation or other international development donor reporting requirements;
- Experience with relevant software packages, including Microsoft Excel;
This job originally appeared elsewhere.
Help someone get a job, tell them to visit http://jbng.me/494213 to apply for this job .