TechnoServe works with enterprising people in the developing world to build competitive farms, businesses, and industries. We are a nonprofit organization that develops business solutions to poverty by linking people to information, capital, and markets. Our work is rooted in the idea that given the opportunity, hardworking men and women in even the poorest places can generate income, jobs, and wealth for their families and communities. With more than four decades of proven results, we believe in the power of private enterprise to transform lives.
The Strengthening African Processors for Food Fortification (SAPFF) project, a partnership between TechnoServe and Partners in Food Solutions (PFS), aims to increase the compliance rates of private sector food processors against national food fortification mandates by increasing the production of fortified food staples. PFS is a non-profit organization formed by General Mills to link the technical and business expertise of volunteer employees from General Mills, Cargill, Royal Dutch DSM, Bühler, and the Hershey Company to food processors and millers in the developing world.
- The Finance and Grants Manager will report to the Team Lead and will be responsible for program finances, as well as the management of a matching grant fund.
- The manager will support country teams in entering accurate and timely transaction information into TechnoServe’s accounting system, ensuring accurate reporting internally and to donors.
- In addition, the manager will oversee the matching grant fund by coordinating the process for selecting fund beneficiaries, processing grant payments, and tracking compliance with grant conditions.
In this role the manager will:
- Oversee financial management and analysis including: ensuring reliable and accurate data is submitted, review of cash receipts and bank reconciliation.
- Ensure project adheres to corporate policy, legal and contractual obligations, and corporate and donor standards.
- Provide internal controls and audit functions.
- Coordinate with the Team Lead and country teams to ensure budgets and spending are aligned.
- Launch, manage, and monitor a matching grants program
- Provide guidance and training as necessary to all potential sub grantees on the requirements of the proposal preparation and submission process, financial management requirements, and any other administrative requirements pertinent to the grant fund.
- Oversee due diligence process with regard to all guarantees and grants.
- Manage the award and disbursement process, ensuring compliance with TechnoServe Grants Manual and Procurement Manual.
- Performing monitoring and follow up functions.
Required Skills & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field. Master’s degree preferred.
- 5-7 years of relevant experience in a finance/grants management function.
- Knowledge of budgeting, procurement, transport and fleet management and other administrative practices.
- In-depth knowledge of award management, sub-award requirements and donor relations.
- Knowledge of Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation or other international development donor reporting requirements.
- Experience with relevant financial software packages, including Microsoft Excel.
This job originally appeared elsewhere.
Help someone get a job, tell them to visit http://jbng.me/494201 to apply for this job .